18" Indy Fab Deluxe SS - Complete Bike - SOLD

Chapeau! Velo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After falling out of love with bikes in general I'm looking at moving on most of my fleet. The newly refinished 18" IF SS Steel Deluxe is first up and will be available for RB members for a better price than is advertised on Ebay. I'm after £1500 for the complete bike which I know is top money but it is a truly (in my opinion) exceptional example of this type of ride. :cool: Picture link here and a comprehensive description below for those that want some more info:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... lder%2cjpg

Complete rigid Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe Single Speed Mountainbike. Serial number: 493D317 in IF stock geometry 17" CTC (18" CTT) frame with a 23" (virtual) top tube. This frame and fork was originally built for the US Interbike trade show and has recently been subject to a ground up restoration by Argos Racing Cycles of Bristol. The frame and fork have been refinished in deep flam red with cream panels and fork with colour matched red Luv Handles by Groovy Cycleworks. Decals are IF OE black and clear and the frame sports the all important sterling silver head badge and IF seatpost collar. The sale is for the complete bike as pictured, full build list as follows:

Frameset: Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe Single Speed 26er, manufactured from Reynolds 853 and True Temper OX platinum mix. Disc only, 1 1/8 straight head tube with wavy seat stays. Frame comes complete with the original IF steel straight fork, also disk only 1/18 ahead. Condition is as new with no scratches, marks or dents. 

Wheels:  Ruby red 32 hole Phil Wood KISS OFF SS hubs laced with Sapim stainless DB spokes onto Mavic XC 717 disc rims shod with Kenda Small Block Eight 2.0 tyres. Hubs are used but 9/10 with some slight fading to the finish on 1 part if the front hub (you need to look very hard!). Rims and spokes are new tyres have 5-6 light rides on them. 

Drivetrain: White Industries ENO SS chainset in black with stainless 38T SS ring connected via a SRAM chain to a 17t White Industries ENO freewheel. Cranks have been re-anodised so are perfect and 38T ring has very minimal wear. Chain is new. An additional new 32T WI chainring will also be supplied for off road duties.

Brakes: Avid Juicy Ultimate Carbon disc brakes with 160 rotors front & rear. Brakeset is lightly used but there are no marks or scratches to the levers or callipers, rotors and pads have plenty of meat on them. 

Headset and finishing kit: Black Chris King Sotto Voce 1 1/8 headset (used but looks new!) with retro Campagnolo Record top cap; Thomson Elite seatpost (29.4 dia) (new) and stem (100mm + 5 degree rise) (almost new) Groovy Cycleworks Luv Handle handlebars colour matched to the frame in flam red (new before painting with frame) Charge Spoon Ti saddle (lightly used but no marks or rubs to the leather) ODI lock on grips and black DMR V8 pedals (test ride only).

Viewing is welcome and pick up preferred but for those living a little too far away. I will also package the bike for a courier at the buyers expense and I'm happy to work with the buyer on what works for them. Also happy to ship internationally. Cash on collection or bank transfer preferred but I will accept paypal if you wish so long as you pay the fees!

Back