Giant Martin Hawyes Trials Team Price Drop.£400

Issysdad

Retro Newbie
For Sale. Limited Edition Giant Trials Team Martin Hawyes.

Incredibly rare piece of Trials history. Built to replicate his original bike with no expense spared.

Martin Haywes Ltd Edition #155/500

The frame has a few scratches, but no dents, cracks or massive amount of paint missing.
Some of the components:
Middleburn RS7 crank (still highly regarded today)
Middleburn bash guard
XTR mech, reversed function (very rare)
Club roost pedals
Club roost seat post
DMR saddle
Magura hydraulic rim brakes (new pads, simple awesome stopping and modulation power, still better than most disc brakes)
Mavic 521 rims
Hope bulb hubs
DMR tyres
Short roadie block cassette
Azonic Bars
FSA headset

I bought this with the intention of using it while I taught my daughter how to ride her bike, however, 15 years of inactivity meant that muscle memory had faded! Now looking to get something comfortable and squishy!

Would be prepared to swap, but due to the rarity and significance of this bike I'm valuing it at £400 ( I don't expect it to achieve this, but don't want to undersell it. Offers Welcome. )

Collection only from Newmarket, Suffolk

Re:

I have also put 'offers' on there. I copied and pasted my ad from another site where I wanted to separate the wheat from the chaff. If someone wants it they'll make an offer. Got to keep the ad within the rules.

Re:

i bought one a while back that was 150 quid off ebay with almost the same spec of parts and there was 3 ppl bidding

Re:

If you got one for £150 against other bidders they were morons and you got a score, or the spec wasn't as good. Maguras, Middleburns, D521s alone would score near £300 today on eBay.

Re: Giant Martin Hawyes Trials Team complete bike.

the only difference i can see would be the cranks and the xtr mech

Re:

So you got a steal then?

You can't compare prices for items where it's known what it is vs a random fluke sale. If so all the priceless super bikes on retrobike would only be worth £50 based on the fact one once sold at a car-boot for that price.

He has said offers accepted, and breaking out would net at least £450 for frame cranks brakes and wheels based on typical prices. So I think he is being fare. No need to knock down his ad.

Re: Giant Martin Hawyes Trials Team complete bike.

Honestly, I don't mind! View count has gone through the roof and I've had loads of free bumps! If anybody was seriously interested in it they'd make an offer. What's the worse that can happen?

Re: Giant Martin Hawyes Trials Team Price Drop.£600

Seen a bike I'd like, so would like this to sell. Price dropped accordingly.

Back