1998 Marin TeamDH

gavin

Retro Newbie
MARIN TEAM DH - RETRO
£600 no offers ...

Marin's first Team DH single pivot design, developed by Jon Whyte who joined Marin from Benneton F1 where as Senior Suspension Designer he helped Benneton and Michael Schumacher to their first World Championship .

I bought this new (+£3000 IN 1998 - almost half the price of my Honda Fireblade) and despite it's vintage is still a plush and fast DH/Freeride bike which I wouldn't be selling were it not for long term injuries sustained in a recent(ish) M/C accident ...

Top shelf component spec for it's day includes - - Bomb-proof Hope BigUn hubs (which have to be seen to be believed) - Answer Manitou X-Vert Ti triple clamp fork - 6" travel - 20mm axle - Fox Vanilla TC shock - 6.5" travel - Hope disk brakes - Shimano Deore XTR front and rear mech's - Shimano Deore XT RapidFire SL gear shifters - Answer tapered bars - White Industries crank, 26/38/50 teeth - Mavic D 521 rims - Fizik Nisene saddle The bike is totally original bar a shorty stem and replacement handlebar grips !

As befits a DH bike of this age it bears a few scratches all of which are visible in the pics. The seat has a tear at the back which I glued instead of replacing to retain original spec.The outer chainring has been straightened after bending it early on in the bikes life. Don't recall ever using it though...

Attachments

• MarinTeamDH.png
    MarinTeamDH.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 561
looks lovely! i think if kult adds this to his collection you can have a different bike for each day of the month! ha! that is some collection.
actually i have just counted and the one a day for a month has long been passed! lordy lordy!

lovely bike, almost identical to mine except for boxxers and single chainring, then had it powder coated kawasaki green, ran it for a couple of seasons 98/99 bit of 00, had some good results and big accidents, see my avatar! :cry: good luck with the sale

Re:

Always believed if your not crashing your not trying hard enough :)
Thanks for the 'good luck'

Latest posts

Back