Unique 26" Single Speed Wheels - price drop

MikeyS

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is a pair of wheels I built up myself to try and make something a different but I've soon realised that single speed is not good for my knees having moved to live on the side of a hill.

The wheels were built with new Sun-Ringle Rhino Lite rims on DMR Revolver hubs. The front is rim brake only whilst the rear has a thread for a screw on disc brake rotor, but I don't think these are available, so pretty much rim brake only as well. Both hubs were NOS when I built them up. Where the wheels get a bit different is the lacing pattern which is a mixed one cross/three cross modified crows foot pattern with silver spokes on the three cross and black for the two cross. This leaves groups of four black and four silver spokes. Is there any point to it - no, but it looks a bit fun! All spokes are DT competition.

They've had little use since being built with the odd trip around town and the hubs and spokes are in great condition, there is nearly no wear to the braking surfaces but there are some scratches to the front rim from storage - see the last photo.

The wheels will come with an 18 tooth screw on freewheel and they've got velox rim tape.

I'm looking for £50 plus postage or collection from Bath. Please drop me a pm with any questions.

Cheers

17127484150_51fba8c1f4_z_d.jpg

17289075176_a4cff8e7ba_z_d.jpg

16694772373_404391e6dd_z_d.jpg

17127244648_901b0d1ded_z_d.jpg

17128805689_60a4bb599b_z_d.jpg

Back