2003 Gary Fisher Sugar 1 Team Issue, full bike - new pics!

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
15.5" (Small) Gary Fisher Sugar 1 Team Issue - it's the one with the carbon seat stays and is really nice and light. It's got a Fox float shock, is in team colours and is in good condition. It's a 2003 model.

The frame has a few nicks and marks to the paint but nothing serious. the only nasty blemish is paint loss on the left hand rear drop out (shown in pics below). The frame has been mostly helitape/carbon tape covered from new so is in pretty good shape for it's age. It has not had a hard life!

I'm really planning to sell as a full bike as seen here.

Spec as follows:

Easton Monkeylite carbon risers, brand new On One grips
Hope mini brakes - super condition, work perfectly so need for bleeding (some small rust patches on the bolts on the reservoir caps on the levers)
Ringle hubs on Mavic x 317 rims - hubs in super condition
Fox Float shock
Rockshox SIDS (decals are shabby - so have removed them tom one leg and left the best on the other leg - a new decal set would make them look pretty smart). the stanchions are fine and all moth, no nicks, but are a little discoloured. The forks work well & have a poplock fitted but the lever doesn't fit on the bars (not enough room!) so currently not fitted
XT rear mech & shifters, XTR M970 front mech - all working perfectly (new rear cable needed, which I'll for before sale)
XT chain set with newer Blackspire rings (could potentially upgrade to XTR M952 for the right price - heel rub but otherwise good). The XT cranks are in great shape as they've had helicopter tape from new - the left crank has a small amount of heel rub where the tape wore through
Brand new Selle Italia XO saddle
Seat post is possibly Ringle but most of the anodising has worn off so can't see a logo
Hope seat clamp

**Note small changes to spec from original listing - the Carbon Use seat post no longer available so I've put on the Hope seat clamp & brand new grips to make up for it!

All up for £400 or £420 with the M952 chainset & BB (I'd need to swap this over before shipping, which might take me a few days to get round to) - I'll also throw in the set of SPD'sshown - these are in ok condition but probably need a strip down service and greasing

New pics below:

Untitled by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1468_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1467_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1466_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1463_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

Re: 2003 Gary Fisher Sugar 1 Team Issue, full bike

As @02gf74 says, the frame and forks do have v brake bosses. It currently has blanking bolts in the holes though, to tidy it up for discs. I'm reasonably confident I have some of the appropriate studs in my parts box but if not, they are easy to come by.

Top tube length is 22" or 56cm centre to centre, measured horizontally.

Cheers

Back