Trek 8500 year 2000 high spec xtr xt marzocchi

Kindz

Retro Newbie
Trek 8500 LT

Frame size is 15.5" size small

Year 2000

Plenty of pictures on eBay item number 321658487568

Very nice, high spec retro lightweight mountain bike

I bought if from A guy ( the original owner who bought it new for almost £2000) who had had it hung up in his garage for the last 13 years

It is in totally original condition, even has the original handlebar grips and tyres, the front tyre still has some of the knobbles on that's how little use the bike has had

It has just been serviced, bb and headset stripped and re greaced, new gear cables and new brake pads fitted, brakes bled, and the fork oil replaced

It does have some marks as to be expected especially due to age, and from storage, it's actually in better condition than my 2 year old bike

There is a small tear on the back of the saddle and some slight corrosion to the brake levers both visible in the pics

Cash on collection preferred
But I can send via a courier at the buyers expense, I will get a quote

Full spec is listed below, copied from bikepedia

Bike is also on eBay with pictures
item number 321658487568

£595 Ono

Frame Construction- TIG-welded

Frame -Tubing Material
Alpha SL aluminum

Fork - Marzocchi Bomber Z-3 Flylight, 4.0" travel

Fork Material- Aluminum/magnesium, triple-clamp crown

Brakeset- Hayes Hydraulic Disc

Shifters- Shimano Deore XT RapidFire SL

Front Derailleur- Shimano Deore LX

Rear Derailleur-Shimano XTR

Crankset- ICON Graphite, 22/32/44 teeth

Casette- 9-speed, 11 - 32 teeth
Chain 1/2 x 3/32"

Seatpost- Rock Shox suspension

Saddle- Bontrager FS 2000

Handlebar ICON Graphite

Handlebar Stem- ICON Graphite

Headset- Aheadset SAS

Wheels

Hubs Rolf Dolomite

Rims- Rolf Dolomite Assymetric, 24-hole/28-hole

Tires- Bontrager Jones AC

Spoke Brand DT stainless steel, 2.0mm double-butted

Re:

I think a courier will cost around £30-40
Pamant via PayPal gift or add 5% to cover fees

£575

Open to sensible offers

Thanks

Why would I pay more here using PP gift plus 5% than directly through Ebay and have Ebay and PP protection?

ps no way on earth would I use gift to pay a total stranger.

Re:

It's on here for less than its on eBay for and the price is Ono

I understand that people would be wary of sending a gift payment to a stranger which is why I am happy to take paypal for goods/service +5% to cover the fee (if it sells for the full asking price then I will pay the fee) OR Paypal gift, not gift +5% as there won't be a fee you fool

I have almost 1000 feedback on eBay and have taken gift payment for items sold out of eBay 100s of times, I'm certainly not out to steal peoples money

Re:

Well the fee is actually 3.4% + 20p so would work out at around the same price, and as said the price is Ono as I don't know how much it's worth

I would much rather sell to someone on here for less rather than sell on eBay and give them 10%

Re:

I bought a groupset via pp gift.

The stuff was sent with a tracking number and really well packed. So buy with confidence, good comms throughout.recommended seller.

Back