OT FS - Pashley-style vintage-but-new cycle

dickbrowne

Dirt Disciple
I tried to sell my iPhone earlier today. Ended up buying a bike. Not sure how that happened, but as I have a one-in-one-out rule for bikes (as I really have run out of space), something has to go.

What's going is this...

When I wanted a Pashley Guv'nor, but couldn't afford it, I built this. Then I bought a Guv, and put the handlebars the right way up (as they are in the pic) and ran it as a Roadster-alike. Then I bought a Roadster. Now it's for sale.

It's a steel frame from the 1980's, with traditional 1" threaded steerer, drum brakes and three-speed Sturmey Archer gears. It's also got a properly broken-in and looked after Brooks saddle.

The wheels where custom built with Sturmey Archer three-speed drum braked hubs and powder-coated red rims to give some relief from the powder-coated black frame.

The frame does have a slight scuff on the top tube, but other than that is in really good condition. The scuff has a leather cuff stitched on to cover it.

The cranks and pedals are good quality items, but currently it doesn't have the toe straps or cages, but I can throw these in if needed.

In the pics, you'll see a tan pannier and saddle bag, neither of these are included (although I could be tempted to leave a pannier attached), the mudguards aren't on the bike at the moment, but again, I can include them. They do run very close to the tyres and can rub with grit, which is why I removed them.

Final thing in the pics which aren't included are the lights, which are quite old and belonged to my Dad :)

The back brake is a coaster, and the front lever is a Sturmey Archer to match the full-metal Sturmey Archer gear lever. There are leather grips to match the saddle.

I will include the leather bottle holder and a vintage pump.

I have replaced the stand since this pic for one which attaches to the seat stay, which is just a bit nicer and is black and red so matches the rest of the bike.

The price for all of this vintage-style loveliness, with the reliability of brand-new, is a not-unreasonable £400.

Collection is preferred from Newport Pagnell, although I do travel a lot for work and can meet in a variety of surprising places.

I will take further detailed pics tomorrow, all being well :)

Any questions, please do ask

Back