Raleigh DHO! HOPE/Mavic

voodoo-kid

Devout Dirtbag
Hi there folks it's come to my attention that my man cave is starting too get a bit untidy so I have some bits for sale. I feel a bit of a fraud offering my wares after not having been on here for absolutely ages and getting stuck in with the discussion boards but life got in the way a bit!

Please note that if I've got any of the prices waaaaay off the mark, feel free to haggle. I might say yes, and I might say no. Also if any of you fine folks get in quick, I've got a business trip from Bristol to just south of Gateshead on Tuesday next week so I could drop bits off if it's not too much of a detour. This would save postage.

anyway down to the juicy bits...

Year 2000 Raleigh DHO frame (853 steel) in the red and yellow hot-rod paint job, with a Fox Vanilla RC shock. I thought this would be a dream bike for me but I've realised that I'm just not into full on DH riding so it's not getting used! This is a small 15" frame with a 22" (or there about) top tube. For a DH bike rocking around 7" travel it's a pretty light weight frame. However, it's not perfect, having a dent either side of the top tube where a triple clamp fork has struck it. I've checked the tube and there are no splits so I'm confident it is OK, especially seeing as Reynolds 853 steel is tough as old boots. All the places where these bikes usually failed are in A1 condition. The shock could do with a service too. Seeing as it's not perfect how about £150 plus postage for a piece of relatively rare Raleigh history?

Suntour Durolux RC2 forks from my modern build of the DHO. These are just over 1 year old but have probably only realistically done 100 miles so they're barely broken in. travel is internally adjustable between 140, 160 & 180mm. Has a long steerer in 1 1/8 size (not sure on actual length but I can measure it if interested). I paid over £300 for these so I'd be looking to recoup a fair smattering of this so how about £200 plus postage?

Superstar Components Plasma with red back-plate and black guides (non bash version). Practically as new (as above only about 100miles). How about £25 plus postage?

Random silver seat-post. 400mm long. 27.0mm diameter. Well scratched. (fits the DHO frame). £10 plus postage.

THE saddle - black with white graphics. £5 plus postage.

Front Avid Code brake with all the bells and whistles adjustments fully working (100cm hoze), plus the bust rear one for spares (inc 138cm hoze) and rotors of your choice (can choose between 160, 180 & 200mm). £40 plus postage.

All of the above bits can be seen in the picture attached, although I admit that some of them might be a tad tricky to see so if you need any pictures, just ask...

Front & rear pair of HOPE Titanium disc hubs with 5 bolt disc carriers and rotors fitted. Silver coloured end caps. Free hub is great condition. Front bearings feel a little notchy but I'd say they have plenty of life left in them. Rear bearings are fine from memory. The rims are de-stickered but look like Mavic 317/717 disc rims but are grey coloured (which I don't remember Mavic doing but I might be wrong). Both are laced with sliver butted spokes. These were intended for the wife's bike but seeing as she doesn't use it I thought they might as well be shifted. Both wheels are good and true, with no dents. How about £150 for the pair?

Front wheel having an early HOPE BULB in black (set-up for a QR axle) with black spokes and a black rim having a braking surface (de-stickered so I don't know what it is). This wheel is pristine and barely looks used since the braking surface on the rim is pretty much immaculate. The bearings are silky smooth. I do not have the splined disc carrier for this wheel but the lock ring is present and correct. I intended putting it on my singlespeed but never had the need in the end. How about £60 plus postage?

Whyte/Marin Quad lower shock bearing kit. This was used on my Marin Attack Trail years ago but since shifting the frame on I have no use for it. £10 plus postage.

As mentioned above, if my prices are way off the mark, please shout out and maybe we can work something out... I can provide pictures if requested (it'll just take me a bit so please don't feel snubbed if I don't respond quickly).

Cheers,

Mark

Attachments

• Raleigh DHO.jpg
    Raleigh DHO.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 843
Re:

DHO back up. Buyer pulled out before I popped the frame into the car to ferry it back up North. Oh, well I guess that sets a new price of £100 plus postage/courier for the wee beastie then...

Oh, and I also edited the info on the brakes - found it was a front in working order, rather than a rear as originally stated.

Mark

OK, been a while but the Forks went for £150 at Peaty's Bike Bonanza, the pair of Hope Tiglide wheels went to RobH for £70 and Jimmylad has kindly offered to take the frame off me for £100... thankyouverymuch.

Back