1998 Klein Mantra (Medium) in Koi FS with fork & Headset...

Alex Creasey

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So it comes with a heavy heart that I’ve decided to sell my medium 1998 Klein Mantra Race in Koi and Manitou Vert forks. Mostly due to it just not being used due to work commitments. But also due to using other bikes more use and me taking a different bike out to Spain to use.

My original build thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=113556

The bike was almost new when I got it. Built when new but had then been stripped down and stored until I bought it in the summer of 2010 (so basically NOS). In the 4 years I’ve had it it’s done around 500 - 600 miles, most of which in Spain, and a the rest here in London. I’ve not ridden the bike in nearly two years, and I’ve used most of the bits off this bike to build another Turner to use back out in Spain.

Bad points – One tiny mark in the paint as shown in the pic against the biro point below which was there when I got the frame. I’ve scuffed a small part of the ‘Mantra Race’ non drive-side sticker as also seen below. I replaced the BB cable guide when I got the frame and the screw could do with replacing. That’s about it.

Other than that the frame and forks are mint and original and I don't think you'll find a better original example anywhere unless you find a NOS one. The rear Fox 5R shock is original and in perfect condition. The forks work perfectly. The WTB greaseguard headset works perfectly.
There are no cracks, dents, gauges or scratches on the frame. The frame has been ridden so there may be signs of use but as you can see in the pics it all looks pretty much new. Pivots and bushes are fine, and all threads are fine to.

I’m 5’9” and weigh 9 stone so this frame has lead a very easy life for the few miles it’s done.

So just to be clear on exactly what you’d be getting:
1998 Klein Mantra Race frame in medium with original Koi paint scheme and original Fox 5R shock.
Manitou Vert Triple Crown Forks.
WTB Greaseguard Headset.
Klein branded stem top cap.
Lizard Skins Chainstay Protector

Price – I’m asking £550.00. I’ll ship virtually anywhere at buyers cost and will only ship by registered courier no matter where it’s being sent. I’m located in N14 north London if anyone wants to inspect / collect. If no interest here over the next week or so I’ll put up the Ebay link once listed.

Any questions etc feel free ☺.

All pics below:

As is before dismantling a couple of weeks ago:

The bad points as mentioned above:

And all the good bits:

Thanks for looking.
Alex.

Back