Specialized StumpJumper Comp M2 (Retro Bike 2000 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomupton

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

Firstly what an amazing website :) I have come across it today and found some amazing things on here!

Anyway back to business...

Its honestly breaking my heart having to post this advert on this website, but I have a well loved Specialized StumpJumper Comp M2 for sale.

I purchased the bike brand new many years ago from Evans Cycles, as for many years I always wanted an M2. The bike has had a few minor mods done to it and has been looked after over this time (I used to be a bike mechanic)

The bike has been in storage for many years and has come out of hibernation and is now seeking a loving new owner. The bike has never been raced and has only been used for casual sunday bike rides and a few years commuting.

The spec of the bike is almost original (ish) below are some of the details:
- XTR Front and Rear Mech
- Marzochi Bomber Forks
- XT Shifters and V-Brakes
- 19" Frame
Please note the bike will come with a new specialized saddle and not the one shown in the picture.

Anyway I have no idea how much the bike is worth, but ideally I would love it to go to a good owner or someone passionate about classic bikes.

I am based in Camberley, Surrey and would ideally like someone to come and collect the bike!

Give me a shout if you have any questions!

Regards
Tom

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 860
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 859
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 850
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 859
Welcome to the forum Tom. You will have more luck trying to sell your bike in the post 1998 section here viewforum.php?f=39 but you must state an asking price or the mods will lock the thread. You could try posting in "the other How Much is my XYZ Worth" thread here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=140396 or have a look at the completed listings on ebay or try a search on here. Bear in mind that you will probably make more on ebay but will have to pay all the associated fees so things tend to go for a little less on the forum.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply, do you know if someone can move the post for me into the 1998 section? Sorry for the confusion all a bit new to this haha!

Regards

Tom

tomupton":349nm0vo said:
Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply, do you know if someone can move the post for me into the 1998 section? Sorry for the confusion all a bit new to this haha!

Regards

Tom

It will probably when one of the mods spots it anyway but if you edit your first post and add 'PLEASE MOVE' to the title then it may get shifted quicker.

You'll also have a better chance of selling it if you offer to post the bike :D

Amazing thanks so much mate :) Any idea's how much a bike like this would be worth? I paid about £1800 for it when I purchased it new, but pretty clueless how much it would be worth now haha!

Regards
Tom

I'm not the best person to ask Tom - it's a bit modern for me :LOL:

Be prepared to take a big hit on the original price though.

A quick search on ebay shows prices ranging from £120 - £260 for complete M2's of varying spec's

Best to get your pics up in the 'how much is my..........' thread. You can always change this thread title to 'removed from sale' or something similar and let it slip away into the abyss of old for sale threads and just start a new one in that there modern section

tomupton":2akw0ro0 said:
Hey mate,

Regards

Tom

Sorted ;)

And stick a price on it please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back