Fox Forx RL £60 to clear SOLD

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Fox Forx RL (Forks are Float Crown Steerer Unit & lowers with F-Series internals) rebound & preload (air sprung) adjustable with lock-out.

100mm travel but can be reduced to 80mm - with a spacer available from Mojo.

197mm 1 1/8" steerer, just filled with fresh Fox fluids, has new-style low-friction seals and decal set. Rebound and lock-out work. IS disc mount and v-brake. I have the brake studs. Been sat in the loft for a couple of months and not lost any pressure :D .

Cosmetically so-so, but as you can see from the photos the stanchions, bar a couple of tiny marks, are good unlike so many Fox forks that have worn through the anodizing through lack of maintenance. The mark near the wiper seal does not appear to cause any leaks, I've lubed the foam rings until they are sopping wet and there is no sign of oil bypass even if the forks have been lain flat for some time and then pumped up and down (i.e. oil inside has run back towards wiper seal).

£60 (includes PayPal fees) + Postage at cost (£15?).

I also have a set of cream-colour F-series disc-only lowers and stanchions which are £35+postage @ £9.10. The steerer has a big hack-saw mark near the crown and hence comes free with the lowers. SOLD

SP

Attachments

• Stanchions.JPG
    Stanchions.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,577
  • Float_Rear.JPG
    Float_Rear.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 1,577
  • Float_front.JPG
    Float_front.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,577
Re: Fox Forx Float 100RL

Close ups

Attachments

• Brace_mark.JPG
    Brace_mark.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Mark_1.JPG
    Mark_1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Mark_2.JPG
    Mark_2.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Crown_mark.JPG
    Crown_mark.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 1,576

Hi,
Would it be possible to see some photos of the hacksawed stantions and cream lowers? Is the saw cut all the way through the wall of the steerer and would you ride with them?

Cheers, James.

I just got them out of the loft, photos as requested. Steerer is 188mm long and 1 1/8" it is my opinion that the cut to the steerer (done by a previous owner trying to remove the crown race :shock: ) is DANGEROUS. I would not use these due to the risk of failure. In fact I should have just slung them up the tip and not mentioned them at all! The lowers look good though :D

SP

Attachments

• Steerer_Close.JPG
    Steerer_Close.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,472
  • Cream_back.JPG
    Cream_back.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,472
  • Cream_front.JPG
    Cream_front.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,472

I went to send the fork out today and found out there is another small mark on the stanchion I missed previously, it doesn't seem to be causing any leaks and you can barely feel it when scraping a fingernail over it. Worth noting also that the internals of these forks are from the cream F-Series pictured. Apologies to the buyer :( I have offered a full refund. If the sale falls through then I'll put 'em back up on here. Sorry for any inconvenience caused :facepalm:

SP

Attachments

• Mark_3b.JPG
    Mark_3b.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,323

Buyer wished refund so back up for sale.

Cream lowers and stanchions sold.

SP

Attachments

• Steerer.JPG
    Steerer.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,201

Latest posts

Back