Cannondale Gemini freeride frame kit (plus Nixon forks)

jimmylad

Retro Guru
Hi all.

Due to lack of use, getting slower on the bike and money needed to finish studying I've decided to sell my loved Cannondale Gemini.

The frame is a medium.
-Comes with a manitou rear shock.
-Nukeproof Generator rear wheel.
-Hope (black) headset.
-Reducer cups so you can either use a 1.5 or 1 1/8 fork.
-Seatpost clamp (and maybe a seat post if I can find one for you).

The frame is almost mint. a couple of small cable rub parts but due to over commetments (and having other bikes) I've hardly rode this bike.

It really is a great bike and I'll be sorry to see her go however as a mature student with limited income and time, plus to many bikes I feel I should let her go. I have not rode her in maybe two or three months now.

I never rode this bike in rage or abusively (I have other bikes for that) so the bike is in great condition and will keep on going for many more years.

All bearings tight and smooth, no play.

This frame is the stronger one they did (i.e. a stronger swingarm) and comes with 150 or 170mm travel options on the rear. The paint work is amazing on this. Almost as if there are gold flakes in the paint, really does like nice.

The rear axle spacing is 10mm axle so unless you have a 135 x 10 rear hub you'll need the included rear wheel. The wheel is a Nukeproof Generator & is true and runs great. Bought this wheel brand new at the start of the year and was around £160. I think the hub even has a extra pawl compaired to the hope hubs, so bites/picks up faster. It sounds lovely however.

Further included is a nine speed chain and cassette along with a XT shadow rear mech. All work fine, the chain and cassette were new when I built the bike (this winter just gone) and the rear mech was one I had on another bike so it is a tiny bit marked but works as it should and will last many many years still.

The picture quality is not great and the frame will be cleaned up for you (in the pictures the frame is mildly muddy hence the spots on the downtube - please note this is mud and not chips in the paint!!!!! The paint condition is only testament to how little use this has had!!!)

The forks are also for sale if you wish. They are Manitou Nixons, however they are 'special' ones. I bought these of a chap who worked for northwest bike shop (for those that know the shop/history you'll know thats a good start) and he bought these of Cedric Gracia's mechanic. The story goes that they are nixon outers but made up from world cup internals that were not available to the public. I've never taken these apart so I can not comment on that. To be honest they could do with a service (however I would more than happily ride them as they are, I just think all forks should be serviced either 3 years I know these havent but still ride ok so its up to you). The forks are of course a 20mm axle and adjustable travel on these (sorry I do not know the exact travel range but I think its 110/120 to 150ish but thats a guess). oh and they are 1 1/8 tube.

Price:
frame, rear shock, rear wheel, headset, headset reducer cups, seat clamp, 9 spd chain, 9spd cassette, XT shadow rear mech - £430 ovno
Manitu nixon forks - £70 ovno

Frame and fork can be collected from Manchester area or Cumbria area. Postage can be arranged but at your cost.

I've tried to be as honest and detailed but anything I missed just ask

Safe trails

Attachments

• 2013-09-09 09.40.17 smaller.jpg
    2013-09-09 09.40.17 smaller.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 638
  • 2013-09-09 09.40.29 smaller.jpg
    2013-09-09 09.40.29 smaller.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 638
  • 2013-09-09 09.40.51 smaller.jpg
    2013-09-09 09.40.51 smaller.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 638
Re: Cannondale Gemini freeride frame (plus Nixon forks)

Here's a nice picture of the bike when she was built up if anyone wanted a idea if what she looks like built.

Any questions just ask. As to offers for a swap, well I don't have the time to get out much on a bike now (hence its sale) so I'll unlikely take a swap.

Regards James

Attachments

• DSC06563 smaller.jpg
    DSC06563 smaller.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 616
Err, the rear axle's are a q/r or 12 mm affair on these bikes fella.
This one is 12mm as stated by the sticker on the swing arm.

Regards
A multiple Gemini owner.

indeed you are correct and win a gold fish for your sharp eyed observations.

As Mr Baldric said folks the frame is a 12 mm axle and the included rear wheel is also, oddly, a 12 mm axle as well.

Safe trails :D

Back