Carrera Fury AM, 130m Tora Forks XT / SLX Like New Condition

• Thread starter Deleted member 4805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4805

Carrera Fury AM Hardtail, 130mm travel, ridden 3 times but never properly off road though so like new condition except for a few VERY VERY minor marks.

18" frame, I have made a few decent upgrades some of which are brand new, would make a perfect winter bike. Standrad spec below and upgrades listed after.

Rockshox Tora Forks, 130mm U-turn with poplock ( Not fitted but supplied ), has both soft and medium springs supplied. There is one small mark on one decal otherwise like new.

Mavic XM 317 rims on Deore hubs, Continental Gravity tyres.

Tektro Auriga Comp brakes, basic but have a really nice feel to them and reported to have good reliability.

Truvativ Blaze Cranks. 22 /32 /44

Sram X7 front mech.

Welgo Platform Pedals.

Upgrades:

Shimano XT M770 3 x 9 shifters, taken from another bike of mine but excellent condition and little used. New inners

Shimano SLX rear mech brand new never ridden.

Sram cassette PG950 11-32T and KMC X9 silver chain both brand new never ridden.

Truvativ AKA Stem as new condition.

Even at best discounted on line prices these parts currently would cost approx £170 at a quick check.

Asking £375 collected Surrey which I would much prefer than posting or can poss meet for fuel costs, if no takers collected will also post or happy for you to arrange a courier.

Cheers,

Andrew

Re: Carrera Fury AM, 130m Tora Forks XT / SLX Like New Condi

crazyknowledge":2m70hchh said:
I have made a few decent upgrades some of which are brand new, would make a perfect winter bike. Standrad spec below and upgrades listed after.

So is upgrading when you strip a bike of all its new xtr and hope parts and tasty bits you like, and then put well used parts on while at the same time bumping the price up then.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... -reduced-3

and before anyone starts, i got no issue with stripping and flipping turning a profit etc , but why lie
and try and fleece retrobike members

post this same ad on singletrack with your nonsense talk of fecking upgrades why dont ya.

Hi,

The upgrades are upgrades over standard spec when you buy it from a shop, I have only changed two items since buying the bike which was upgraded when I brought it.

The well used parts as you describe are an as new condition Truvativ AKA stem and some lightly used XT shifters both of which I brought new.

Also gears needed setting up on the bike when I brought ( As confirmed in the original sellers listing ) it so took to a repair shop to have done as I could not get rears perfect and front at all, this cost me £10 again plus time driving the bike there and back and have since also had the same done with the XT shifters so another £10 with new inner cablkes extra + time. Yes someone who can do this themselves would not have had those costs.

I also had to drive from Tolworth to the far side of Southampton which took over two hours each way and about £40 in petrol. Buyer can confirm I drove and collected as he would not accept posting or courier so anyone living a similar distance as me would have had the same costs or higher if buying the bike. IF you came to buy it a hell of a lot more from Birmingham.

So far I have spent £385 how you price the difference in value between XTR / XT shifters and Truvative AKA / Hope Stem I'm not sure but as I brought the XT / AKA new not a lot in my pocket for sure.

So you mis-describe the condition of the components I have put on it and then say I'm fleecing people.

Where in my advert have I lied, ? You say I have stripped the XTR, Hope and tasty bits, what are the other tasty bits then ?

If the bike is a good price for what it is then I'm not fleecing anybody, if you took into account my travelling time I'm making no money whatsoever, I would like to think most people would see this bike was never brought as a money making proposition. Anything I have brought whether bikes or other items to make a profit over the years have gone on e-bay not the forums.

I can take criticism where due but think you are way off here.

im spot on with my observations, you have not upgraded the bike , you have down graded it. you are a liar.

why not be honest, i have taken some tasty parts of this bike, now i want you to pay more than i paid for the bike with inferior parts on it.

i dont care if you had to drive to the moon, its not my problem, the fact is i could have bought that bike for £325 or less with xtr and hope

and you mean to tell me that will all your crazy knowledge you can not set up gears

good luck with the sale,

think you might have more luck over on singletrack though :p

the other parts i meant were the grips and joe blow track pump and the shock pump which dont seem to be included in this sale

you havent put on £170 worth of parts, you have taken them off

my issue is why not do it on ebay, why come here ?

coz i i bought your bike, then stumbled across the original ad, i would feel a right twat,

I don't think this is a conversation worth carrying on so won't bother to reply to any further messages from you.

I will leave it up to others to decide whether I have brought this to flip for profit or not , lied and tried to fleece them...........

you seem to taken off the tasty bits off and add 50quid for the hell of it so does look like a turn and burn

That's enough guys keep your pricing comments to the minimum as per the rules.
Bandwagon springs to mind.

I donbt think people are commenting on the price/value ratio more on the moral nature of the sale. just saying like....

Latest posts

Back