SOLD: Hope Pro 3 SP Wheels

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hope Pro 3 SP (Straight Pull) Hubs, Gunmetal.
DT Swiss XR4.2D rims.
DT Spokes

Wheels are in excellent condition overall. The hubs are absolutely perfect. Oh, and the freehub is VERY VERY loud and clicky!

If you don't like clicky wheels, then these are most definitely not for you!

Pictures to follow later - if you find my 456 Carbon build thread there are pictures in there for now :)

£160 posted to the UK
SOLD

Note - Cassette, Rotors and Tyres NOT included.

Re: Hope Pro 3 SP Wheels

Bump :D

Open to sensible offers, but looking at sale prices of other similar wheelsets this seems pretty reasonable.

Blimey, they are loud! :shock:

You can actually hear the microphone hitting its distortion limits when you get close to it. I wonder what level they'd hit on an SPL meter?

Very nice set of wheels though. I'd be sorely tempted to take them off your hands, but I am quite literally drowning in bike bits at the moment, including four sets of wheels. This website has an awful lot to answer for...

"Hi, my name is GSB, and I'm an overnight retroholic. I'm addicted to buying bits of old bicycle of total strangers on the Internet. Retrobike.co.uk is my weakness..."

They really are a lovely set of wheels :)

There's a set of Pro 2s on STW at the moment which are only £20 less so they're cheap too ;)

bowsho":2j09bfdh said:
Hi, are these an xc rim? Lightweight? Thanks :D

Hi, the XR4.2Ds are an XC rim. The wheels are nice and light but I'm afraid I'm not able to weigh them as I don't have any scales.

You can look up the weight on Hope's website and I can vouch for a pair of their road wheels being within 3 grams!
Sorry to mention road... ;-)

Hope's website gives the following wheel weights, based on a Stans Crest Rim (to give you an idea):

Front: 663 grams
Rear: 800 grams

Obviously the weight will vary slightly given that my rims are DT and not Stans. But yes, they're light!

Back