Brand new Surly neck romancer pugsley, fat bike

super swin

Retro Guru
For sale is a brand new neck romancer pug (black ops) medium 18", box fresh and unridden
Totally standard RRP on these was £1700, bought as a surprise gift for my wife but it was me that got the surprise, I'm not riding that!!

£1350 or may swap p.x for another bike, try me.

Jon

Here's what surly said about it:-

This year, we offer you an alternative to the standard Pugsley. The Neck Romancer Pugsley is the stealth bomber in our fleet. The frame and fork are black with subtle black and gray decals. The rims are black. The spokes are black. Everything is black…except the chain. Where the standard Pugsley sports 65mm-wide Large Marge double-wall rims, the Neck Romancer utilizes our 82mm-wide single-wall Rolling Darryl rims to expand its tire footprint, increasing its traction and all-terrain floatation. The increase in rim width puts the tire closer to the chain. So to avoid chain rub, we spec’d this bike with our MWOD rings on a Mr. Whirly crankset. This provides all the chain/tire clearance necessary while retaining low- and mid-range gearing for crawling through the sticky and flying under the radar. The Neck Romancer Pug is available as a complete bike and as a frame without a fork.

Frameset:

Frame Surly Pugsley, Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double butted. TIG-welded
Fork Surly Pugsley, 135mm O.L.D. Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. TIG-welded. 1-1/8" threadless steer tube, Anything Cage mounts, uncut

Drivetrain:

Crankset & BB Surly Mr. Whirly , Offset Double 22/36t. Black
Front Derailleur Shimano SLX E-Type , M660. Topswing, dual pull, post-mount
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore , M591SGS. Top Normal. Black
Cog or Cogset Shimano HG-61 , 11-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32t
Chain SRAM PC-971 , It's a chain, right?

Components:

Headset Cane Creek 40 , 1-1/8" threadless. Black
Brakes Avid BB7 , Cable actuated. 160mm rotors front & rear
Brake Levers Avid FR-5 , Black
Stem Kalloy AS-008, 25.4mm bar clamp. 7° rise. 4-bolt face. Aluminum. Black
Handlebar Salsa MotoAce , 660mm. 17°. Black
Saddle WTB SST Comp , Steel rails. Black vinyl. Feels pretty o.k.
Seatpost Kalloy SP-342 , 27.2mm. 350mm. Black
Extras Champion spokes (black!), 12mm brass nipples -yup, black

Wheels:

Front Hub Surly New 135mm disc , 32h. 135mm. Threaded for singlespeed freewheel. Black

Superstar nano tech pedals, spacers, custom grips. £65
Brooks b17 champion saddle £50
Ritchey stem £30
Kcnc scandium seat post £60 optional thomson elite 410mm layback
On one Seatpost QR £6
Surly orange rim strips £10
Full compliment of helicopter-tape
Salsa moto ace, midge, Mary or fleegle bars.
Still unridden.

So an additional £221+ on top of the RRP of £1700
How about £1500 in its upgraded spec or £1350 in standard trim.
Or will swap for a simiar spec/ condition Krampus or simiar try me.

If you bought it mail order do you not have a cooling off period within which to return it?

Probably, but I bought it in Manchester, collected it in person from Glasgow as it must be the last new 18" neck romancer in the country try and find one!

I don't fancy another 500 mile trip and to be honest I love it, if it doesn't sell I'll happily keep it and buy the krampus anyway :)

You are aware you can fit Rabbit Hole/Knards in the Pugsley?
So why not keep it and have 2 sets of wheels so it can be a fatty AND a 29+ ;)

I've already got two fatbikes!
Plus at £600 for a decent off set hope build, I think I would rather spend £1000 on a bike.

Back