18" 2002 Kona Explosif...now parting out

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have given this a good going over now...inner cables replaced where necessary and new brake pads Gearing may need a little tweak to be perfect. Bad news being the cranks splines are not too brilliant and arms need replacing which is a shame. Chris King bearings are perfect, in fact the rear feels like it is still running in (as CK hubs do)
Obviously at some point it the bike has been rested against something, slid, and scratched the lhs seat-stay, lhs fork leg and a little of the top-tube. Apart that that, no dings or dents or other major scratches. No chain slap
Selling complete at edit (see below) £750 collected from Rhiwbina, North Cardiff...if I have to post I may as well split it down.

Edit: Just had the cranks checked by the boys at my lbs...the cranks and splines etc are fine...the nasty creaking was from the shite pedals I put on to test ride...silly me, back to £750

Everything is XTR, mainly M952 but the V's are M960
Headset and hubs are Chris King (front hub a wee faded and taking that 'coca-cola' colour). Rims are ceramic X517 with heaps of life.
Stem Thomson and seatpost USE carbon. Selle Italia saddle a but scuffed up. forks are RC-31 and bars CNT Monkeylite.
Weight without pedals a very respectable 19lb 14oz

Re: 18" 2002 Kona Explosif

Thought I'd be 1st in Carl ;) I'd take the set of XTR V's should you decide to split........ :oops:

Sigh..okay, split list if no finder for bike

Prices now include shipping

Frame: £125 Sold
Fork: RC-31 inc. V brake mounts steerer about 180mm about 440mm a2c £100
Headset: £55 c/w new star nut
Stem: £25 sold at £30 elsewhere
Handlebar: uncut at 610mm £25
Brakes: M960 £50 Sold
Brake Levers: £50

Shifters: £30 no windows but still very nice (missing one rubber cable cover, hence price) sold
Front Derailleur: £20 sold
Rear Derailleur: £30 sold
Cassette: £45
Cranks: inc BB of course £100
Skewers: £12.50
Wheels: £200
Saddle: £18
Seatpost: £40

Argghh...sorry, to be clear. I do not want to split this bike yet and would really prefer to find a buyer for the whole bike, heck, I may even keep it for myself. Give a few days to see if it goes complete. Apologies for any mis-understandings caused by my lack of concise messages

If you do decide to split and the potential purchaser of the frame drops out, I am interested and will offer more for the frame.

pebble":1ra3arl9 said:
If you do decide to split and the potential purchaser of the frame drops out, I am interested and will offer more for the frame.

Duly noted but
1 seriously thinking of keeping it now :oops:

2 if not will hold out a bit for a seller for the bike as complete
3 if it goes to split I think it will be very doubtful the frame will not go to the person already interested
4 if he doesn't buy it you can have it at the advertised price but appreciate the offer

Back