spacehopper

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Fox Vanilla r 130mm £100 including postage

1 1/8th steerer 170mm long

9mm quick release and will take v-brakes or disc

excellent working condition..

ive owned these forks from new.. and regularily serviced them and kept the foam rings clean and lubed with float fluid, theyve also had the modified refresher valve done at their first service by TFtuned..

recently serviced with rock oil 7.5wt and brand new SKF low friction seals and had the foam rings cleaned and lubed up with float fluid

lowers have a couple of shallow scratches on above the seals but they don't leak or protrude outwards (so don't catch the seals) the lowers are in a1 condition below the seals with zero wear to the anodizing.

9638668160_88e412d4de_c.jpg

9638669246_b30318f09b_c.jpg

9638670074_4dfec8ef41_c.jpg

9638668524_1e4e554f36_b.jpg

Marzocchi ROCO LO 200mm X 57mm £80 including postage

9635431035_7a146d848d_c.jpg

Firstly.. i dont want to sell this shock really... as it is wonderful..!

BUT... the rear beam has just gone on my car and i cant justify keeping 2 shocks for one bike..

and it is supposed to be 57mm stroke.. BUT.. i havent ever had more than 54mm out of it.. this concerned me at first but after reading up on it.. none of these zocchi air shocks seem to get the full 57mm! a high rising rate in the damper / air spring are to blame apparently!

so ive been running it on my meta 5 off and on (which is designed around a 51mm shock) and it has performed really.. really well when unlocked.. probably rides nicer than the fox float X that has replaced it in the full open mode! and to be honest.. if it was being used on a bike designed around a 57mm shock you probably wouldnt miss that last bit of travel as the quality is that nice!

but the pro-pedal settings on the fox are just that bit more rider friendly on longer rides as the lockout does completley lock the shock..

the air shaft has no scratches at all and the only marks are a few scratches around the mounting eyelet and on the pentagon drive cover that protects the air valve, these will have been made when the cover was removed when i sent the shock away to be looked at to see if the lockout could be converted to a more propedal like function (it can't unfortunatley!)

Back