Volvo Cannondale F2000SX (stars and stripes) *SOLD*

Vanz

Retro Newbie
Had this sat in the garage unused for the last 11 years so thought i would put it on here to see if anyone can make good use of it.

Bought the bike new back in 2000ish it got used a little for 18 months or so, don't even think it went out in the wet.....

Anyway the bike is in very good condition with the only marks being on the brake levers where i *cough* went over the bars once :oops:

The spec is as std Coda/XTR/XT mix

Changed the seat post to a alloy Syncros and tyres are Panaracers of some sort (same year), also have some Nobby Nics if you rather a newer set.

Took it up the road last week and everything on the bike works fine.

This is a pic from google i will get some of the bike asap.

Size is small

As for price i saw one in a local shop a few years ago for £1000 in not so good a condition.

So will start off at £700ono *SOLD*

This was a rare bike back in the day so must be like gold dust now.

Re: Volvo Cannondale F2000SX (stars and stripes)

Right a few pics for you....

The bike really is very good condition the only marks i can see is on the shifter windows (the over the bars moment)
Looks like it dropped the chain off the inside once but its not gone through the paint and would probably T cut out.
The sticker on the lefty has some cable rub.
Other than a few small stone scuffs on the rims thats about it.

It's always hard to price these things so the £900 is a start but am open to sensible offers.

Re: Volvo Cannondale F2000SX (stars and stripes)

Maybe seeing the one in the shop made me a little optimistic with the price so will drop it to £700ono

Re: Volvo Cannondale F2000SX (stars and stripes) *price drop

I'm not interested in buying, though it is beautiful!

Just being honest but your price is still optimistic I think.
For something like this I would probably pay your asking price, sadly most won't.

Splitting this would perhaps net you £200 for the frame, and £200 - £300 for the forks and wheel.

Food for thought for you really.

Good luck with the sale mate.
Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike, i put the price as more of a guide as i really didn't know what to ask for it.

I really don't want to go down the road of splitting it, yes it might make the money that way but i don't have the time to mess about with it.

Will leave it here for a few weeks then might take my chances on ebay.

Oh shame you don't want to make an offer i'm going past Bristol this afternoon i could drop it off :)

Thanks mate, its to small for me as well thats why it never got used much.

Price is agreed and am dropping it off Saturday.

Always loved these bikes back in the day.

You will sell it to the right buyer just hold out for them and please dont split would be real shame.

Back