Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:04 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:21 pm 

M4 stumpjumper 2001 hardtail - size 19 frame

Having to put my dream bike up or sale after conceding defeat to a knee injury. I used to do alot of sports, everything from mountain biking to football, gym, swimming, all racquet sports even learnt how to surf @ Croyde and stayed there for a summer..

An accidental clash of legs at 5 a-side resulted in my knee cartlidge being split in 2, had two arthroscopies and a long fight with the local NHS but got sick of being passed from pillar to post. Knee has never been right since, I can't sprint, do breaststroke when swimming and the kneecap regulary gets pulled to side and sticks, locking the knee.

Bike was bought new from Corridori in Banstead and always went back there for maintanence. Still have the original receipt and documents that came with the bike.

I had a modified Giant hardtail that I did most of my miles on, the M4 was my "special". Probably clocked up around 100o miles before the knee problems arose & got so bad I had to stop everything. It sat in my shed for about 6 years before I recently decided there was no more need for it.

Bike went back to Corridori a few weeks back, got checked out and had to have the front forks replaced as he original forks were beyond financial sense to repair - however, I still have these and they'll be included with the bike (see pictures).

Bike was always washed (hose - NOT jetwash), degreased and regreased after every ride, additions/extras include:

Suspension seat post
Comfier saddle
Fr & RR mudgards
Bull bars
Double drinks holder
Not sure, but think the brake pads are uprated one.

Size 19 frame

Other than that (and recent replacement fork, bike is as it was. All mechanical servicing done by Corridori i.e. new cassettes, worn rear spindles etc

Cost £1200 new, parts added were not cheap either. Originally did a deal with Corridori to have just an XT rear changer, but later upgraded this to the wonderful XTR.

Bike will be sold with 2 Halfrauds 50/50 tyres (brand new) and 2 Specialized inner tubes (brand new) aswell as the original cleated pedals (see photo's below).

Looking for £400 ovno. Has the usual scrapes and cosmetic scratches etc you'd get from a few face plants, but generally good condition.

I live near Banstead, Surrey, can meet at J8 M25.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 pm 

Final McBump..

Last chance before the 'bay gets it...

Willing to sell without mudguards, spare tyres/tubes, suspension seat post..