Hayes G1 hyd. disc brake set inc rare 22mm rear caliper SOLD

GSB

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For sale. SOLD

My Hayes hydraulic brake set. I'm removing these from my old stalwart, a 2000 Schwinn 4 Banger, and will be replacing them with a set of Hope's. The rationale behind it? Well, why not... I've had the four banger from new, and have only consigned the saddle, stem, seat and rear shock to the parts bin in search for more comfort. These brakes are superb, but after 13 years, I rather fancy a change to something that looks a little more bling. So the bike is getting a full beans makeover, and the original brakes, wheels, and period Rockshox Judy SL's are joining the rest of the odds and sods in favour of more modern metalwork.

There's little value in the rockshox delux trunnion shock, but given the rarity of it I'll keep it "just in case" the air shock goes south. I doubt that the rockshox Judy SL's are ever going to be sought after either, but someone here who is more into retro bikes than me may want the slightly odd 22mm rear caliper, which as far as I can tell is one of those Betamax moments from bike history, in that it was very quickly superceded and consigned to the history books. So anyone hunting for a 22mm, I have one. Its in pretty good nick, works perfectly, and has seen little use since it was bolted to my frame 13 years ago. The bike is one of the last of the four bangers, so it is rather unusual in that it has a 22mm caliper fitted via an adapter to IS mouting points.

The full set of brakes, levers, hoses, calipers & discs can be had for £120. A sum of money that I've quite literally pulled out of thin air as it seems about right, and will cover "most" of the cost of replacing them with something used but shiny from someone like Hope.

They are fully functional, and in fact are still in use on my bike, so you can be assured that they work, and they work very well.

Based in East London if pickup is preferred, failing that I can do insured next day TNT for £10

Right, I think that covers everything, onto the photos...

d6fc54b10a61a4336a452fb7ea0afb85.jpg

c25c4fcd4c5ecdcccb39a2e8a6b984ea.jpg

c7b1e2e210f19a7ed16f54a8b427099a.jpg

755cf6d2f26aac8e2435ed8d02c17759.jpg

a3d4fcea8e48e6d79a984b4a24b401c2.jpg

Re: Hayes G1 hyd. disc brake set inc rare 22mm rear caliper.

Bump...

Up we go, to the land where all offers are considered, and any retro build needing the 22mm Hayes is helpfully assisted...

Bump...

eBay bidder decided these were not for her. So I've still got these.

Price reduced to £100 inc. postage.

Was wondering if you still have your set of G1s. I must have just missed your add on Ebay but I'm very interested.

Back