Lynskey Backroad titanium touring disc frame and fork SOLD

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I know it's a road bike but I think it's got more appeal to the mountain man...

I have decided to sell my Lynskey Backroad (2011 model). This is a very fine bike, but I just can't get along with the geometry. I rode 2000 miles in three weeks on it last summer - riding fully loaded with camping equipment from London to central Italy, through S France and into N Spain - and it's fast and stable.

The frame is a 54cm top tube and 56cm c-c seat tube (virtual horizontal top tube). It's essentially quite a tall, short reach bike. The problem I have is that I have relatively short legs and a long upper body so it's all a bit wrong for me. I also like the bars pretty low even when touring. If you look at the picture of my Spooky road bike you'll see what I mean. With the tall head tube on the Lynskey I just can't get the bars low enough even with the 17 degree drop on the stem I have.

So, the upshot is that I want to sell the frame and fork, or the complete bike, and get one that fits me properly.

The frame (with Vicious touring fork) retails for about £1800 now. I would like to sell the frame and Vicious fork for £650. ALL SOLD

If anyone is interested in the complete bike then I reckon I'd be after about £1400. The build is a mix of Shimano XTR, XT, MIddleburn, Thomson, Stans, FSA, Hope and Campag at the moment. I would be happy to build up with 10 speed Dura Ace STIs if preferred. The sale does not include the Tubus titanium rack.

The bike is in excellent condition - everything is well looked after. There are no dents or scratches on the frame.

I would prefer collection but I am happy to package it up if someone wanted to arrange collection via a courier.

Any questions please ask.

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

• lynskey 004.JPG
    lynskey 004.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,353
  • lynskey 003.JPG
    lynskey 003.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,353
  • lynskey 002.JPG
    lynskey 002.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,353
  • lynskey 001.JPG
    lynskey 001.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,353
Re: Lynskey Backroad titanium touring disc frame and fork/bi

Hello. I have an interest in your bike and would like to know what city you are near and if the bike is still available. I would prefer a completed bike. Thanks for the info.

Hi there,

Hope i'm not too late as i see you were looking to sell backin August. Would you still be interested in selling the frame and fork?

Hi there,

would you still be interested in selling the fame and fork?

Sorry, it's sold now. I'll amend the ad.

Back