GT iDrive Comp - £100 ono - XC/downhill/jump bike! Full susp

Shifty

Retro Newbie
Hi all

I have my old full suspension mountain bike up for sale. I bought it new quite some time ago - to be honest, I'm not sure on the date, but I think 2003 would be about right. I know, then, it was in the region of £600. I am now looking for £150 ono. You will see it has some cosmetic wear, but functionally it seems strong to me, although as mentioned later on could do with a bit of a DIY service.

Photos:
IMG_6886_zps4bad440a.jpg

IMG_6892_zps37746240.jpg

IMG_6893_zpsd8620bdf.jpg

IMG_6895_zps25242460.jpg

IMG_6894_zps1b59f4e5.jpg

IMG_6889_zps9d49aea9.jpg

IMG_6887_zps130055ba.jpg

IMG_6896_zps8269f8f4.jpg

IMG_6890_zpsc9b0e12e.jpg

IMG_6891_zps48d51f76.jpg

IMG_6888_zpsc3a45311.jpg

IMG_6898_zps3c4383ab.jpg

IMG_6897_zpsb25f6c23.jpg

I am not knowledgable when it comes to bikes, so what you see is what you get, essentially. The bike is good, and has not been used hard. I know the stuff on it, at the time, was good quality. I have taken it along to a local bike shop and he recommended selling it on here - he also commented on its strong original condition and general retro coolness.

It has been used recently for Glentress a few times, but generally has had much too easy a life for a mountain bike. It is fully original and still has the plastic covering over the "GT" badge on the front!! It has had new tyres front and rear, larger than the standard tyre for extra badassness.

The only issues I can think of, really, are old components needing a little bit of TLC. I suspect the chain needs changed and that sort of thing. Brakes and tyres perform flawlessly.

Hopefully someone is interested - if you are please write back a message, or send me a private message and I will give you my phone number + address. I will try to check in here periodically.

Bike is based in Edinburgh, EH5.

Re: GT iDrive Comp - £100 ono - XC/downhill/jump bike! Full

I've never posted a bike before mate! How do you do it?? I would be willing to though yes.

Also - this is a bit embarrassing - how do you measure the size?

There might be a sticker on the bike with either an inches messurement or S M or L.

With regards posting all you need to do and easiest is get a bike box from you local bike shop take wheels of losen stem turning handlebars and fit it all then take to parcel force or arrange courier

Hi,

Okay I will check for any stickers, however I fear there isn't any information to be found. If it helps, I am 6ft and the bike was the right size for me, I felt. Perhaps would suit someone smaller also, let's say 5'9" upwards? At a guess. I do know that one unusual feature of the bike is the 23" wheels it uses, rather than the regular 26 or 29-inchers.

Appreciate the knowledge on bike postage!

Hello i would really like to come and see the bike and take it if it its suitable- is this possible this afternoon after 5pm or tomorrow (wed) after 5pm? I work in west end of town?
Thanks

Today (Tues) is suitable, tomorrow would be slightly harder to fit in but we could work it out. It'd be great to have you come and see it for sure.

Great, i have emailed you some contact details; let me know if they don't come through, and i'll keep checking here in case.

The bike is SOLD!

A very pleasant transaction, thanks all.

Back