Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:27 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:44 pm 

Hi all

I have my old full suspension mountain bike up for sale. I bought it new quite some time ago - to be honest, I'm not sure on the date, but I think 2003 would be about right. I know, then, it was in the region of £600. I am now looking for £150 ono. You will see it has some cosmetic wear, but functionally it seems strong to me, although as mentioned later on could do with a bit of a DIY service.

Photos:

I am not knowledgable when it comes to bikes, so what you see is what you get, essentially. The bike is good, and has not been used hard. I know the stuff on it, at the time, was good quality. I have taken it along to a local bike shop and he recommended selling it on here - he also commented on its strong original condition and general retro coolness.

It has been used recently for Glentress a few times, but generally has had much too easy a life for a mountain bike. It is fully original and still has the plastic covering over the "GT" badge on the front!! It has had new tyres front and rear, larger than the standard tyre for extra badassness.

The only issues I can think of, really, are old components needing a little bit of TLC. I suspect the chain needs changed and that sort of thing. Brakes and tyres perform flawlessly.

Hopefully someone is interested - if you are please write back a message, or send me a private message and I will give you my phone number + address. I will try to check in here periodically.

Bike is based in Edinburgh, EH5.

Last edited by Shifty on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:59 pm 

Bump! Will take £100.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:52 pm 
Old School Hero

Hello what size please and would you post?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:54 pm 

I've never posted a bike before mate! How do you do it?? I would be willing to though yes.

Also - this is a bit embarrassing - how do you measure the size?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:01 pm 
Old School Hero

There might be a sticker on the bike with either an inches messurement or S M or L.

With regards posting all you need to do and easiest is get a bike box from you local bike shop take wheels of losen stem turning handlebars and fit it all then take to parcel force or arrange courier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:02 am 

Hi,

Okay I will check for any stickers, however I fear there isn't any information to be found. If it helps, I am 6ft and the bike was the right size for me, I felt. Perhaps would suit someone smaller also, let's say 5'9" upwards? At a guess. I do know that one unusual feature of the bike is the 23" wheels it uses, rather than the regular 26 or 29-inchers.

Appreciate the knowledge on bike postage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:47 am 

Hello i would really like to come and see the bike and take it if it its suitable- is this possible this afternoon after 5pm or tomorrow (wed) after 5pm? I work in west end of town?
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:55 am 

Today (Tues) is suitable, tomorrow would be slightly harder to fit in but we could work it out. It'd be great to have you come and see it for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:26 am 

Great, i have emailed you some contact details; let me know if they don't come through, and i'll keep checking here in case.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 pm 

The bike is SOLD!

A very pleasant transaction, thanks all.