Breaking '02 Stumpjumper M4: XTR/LX/S-Works...SOLD

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
2002 Specialized Stumpjumper M4 Hardtail Frame

Size - 17" (centre to top)

Frame can run either disc brakes or v-brakes, v-brake posts can be removed.

Few small marks on frame, but still looks good as the pictures show. Great looking colour, the Yellowy Gold sections have a nice metallic to them. Small ding to top tube where bars have swung round at some point. Very shallow and nothing to be of any concern.

Very light frame! Will check the weight, but it is sub 4lbs.

Comes complete with: Headset; seatpost; and LX front mech. Can also include other parts at extra cost.

Only selling due to having filled my space with four mtb's and then realising it was one too many. This is a great xc frame and it is a shame to part with it, but I simply don't have the space.

£65 plus postage ono

** Other parts on the bike also available, with the exception of the Fox forks **

Re: 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper M4 Frame - 17" £65 ono

Other parts on the bike also available:

* Fox F80RL forks - Sold
* Specialized Strong Arm II chainset and BB ES50 bottom bracket. Very light! - £20
* Shimano XTR SGS Rear mech - £20 SOLD
* Avid Single Digit 5 V-brake set with SD5 Levers - £15
* Flite saddle - £15
* S-Works stem (for 25.4 bars) - £10
* Wheels - Deore rear hub, Specialized Stout front, Mavic X221 (28-hole/32-hole), DT stainless steel, 15ga. (1.8mm) straight gauge spokes. Nice and light! - £35

Hi mate,

What kind of condition are the wheels and brakes in?

Wheels are great. No dings or dents and run true. No play in hubs. They're nice wheels.

Brakes have a few small marks, but work fine. Lots of life left in pads.

Great. Thanks. I'll see how my Kona rides on Wednesday and may very well be interested in the brakes and wheels. Would you take £40?

How much would postage be?

Would they fit my Kona ok? Got a 7speed cassette.

Wheels can be used with a 7sp if you use a spacer behind the cassette. Free hub will take a 8/9/10sp cassette fine though.

Postage will be £10 on the wheels, but could sort something out as I have another set of Avid v-brakes that aren't quite as nice as the ones above.

What height rider do you think the frame will suit? Are the wheels V brake only?

what about the wheels - v only?

interested in the frame and chainset at least - what are the rings like - and maybe the rear mech - how much do you reckon to post?

Re: Breaking 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper M4 - 17" Frame £65

The wheels are both v-brake only.

Chainrings are good, nice quality too. Nice light set-up. Bottom racket is good too, no play and runs smooth.

Postage on the wheels or frame would be £10. However they'd go in the same box so postage for both if they went together would be £10 :)

Back