05/06 Mavic Crossmax SL wheelset £120

bluebouye

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
05/06 Mavic Crossmax SL wheelset, 26 inch. These wheels have served me well. They have been used by me for the last two years for light XC use but I broke a spoke last week and couldn't wait to source a new one and went and purchased some newer STs, so these have to go :cry:

I would describe them as in good used condition. The front runs near damn true and the rear was true until the spoke broke. They have no dings. The front bearings are silky smooth, the rear not as smooth but not bad either. In fact it feels as it did when I purchased them two years ago. The decals are marked and scratched in places and do not look new but again they - in my opinion are not tatty. Some of the spokes are scratched and a couple slightly bent around the freehub, again like this when I bought them. I have serviced and cleaned the free hub regularly. There is a little play in the freehub, as most do have, however, it has never caused me any issues and has never got any worse since I purchased them.

Having said all that they still look great to me and people always comment on them. They are, as you know, light as a feather, and I will cry when they leave!!! I have tried to be as honest as possible. The skewers are not included.

£120 posted.

Attachments

• Mavic Wheels 6.JPG
    Mavic Wheels 6.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 543
  • Mavic Wheels 5.JPG
    Mavic Wheels 5.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 543
  • Mavic Wheels 4.JPG
    Mavic Wheels 4.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 543
  • mavic Wheels 3.JPG