SOLD!!! --- Forkin' Hell!!! Part 2.

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
ALL SOLD!!!!

Some sets of suspension forks that have been gathering dust for far too long, can't see me using them anytime soon so may as well sell them and put the funds towards road bike goodies :twisted:

*Prices are posted to UK, feel free to make sensible offers though...

Girvin Carbon Crosslink

- 1" steerer although it has shims to allow it to fit 1"1/8th headset and stem.
- steerer is 210mm long, I think it's what Girvin caal the "Medium" size fork.
- Noleen shock is in full working order
- cosmetically good, no scratches or scrapes to the carbon lowers, but I had started to strip the faded yellow paint from the lowers and polish up the ally, got halfway and gave up :roll: Would look rather nice if it was finished, I have some Easton decals to go on the lowers which will be included in the sale.

£90 posted to UK

SOLD!!!
Pace RC-38 Airforce 2

- 1"1/8th steerer, 190mm long, 63mm travel iirc.
-sold as Spares or Repairs as there is something very wrong with the insides (they don't work). And they need a new lockout cable (lockout lever & mount is present though).
- cosmetically rather good, no marks to the stanchions and the carbon lowers and decals are in good order.
- I was going to send these to Fork English (justbackdated) for repair, but since getting some Fox forks that idea has been shelved.

£50 posted to UK

SOLD!!!
Pace RC-38 Airforce

-Sold as Spares or Repairs
- No steerer
- steerer clamp bolts worked loose and messed up the threads in the ally bolt holes(Tim @ Fork English assures me he can helicoil them and make them good as new for a very reasonable price).
- Mechanically knackered, no idea what the problem is but I think the sink plunger thing next to them is supposed to be inside the forks :facepalm: again I was going to send these to Fork English but changed my plans as I have no need for more forks :roll:
- lockout lever and bar clamp are present but not attached at present.
- Cosmetically good, stanchions are sound and the lowers and decals are also good.

£35 posted to UK

Re: Forkin' Hell!!! Part 2.

Both Pace forks now SOLD!!

GIRVIN forks still for sale :)

Had some requests for more pictures, so there are some below.
Also found a few spares, seals and bearing kits, these are now hard to find and usually means ordering them from the USA! :shock:

OK, can you reserve me fork 2-3 days I can think about ?

I give you my answer Tuesday at the latest.

Sorry, can't "Reserve" them (have done in the past and after a week of being "reserved" the buyer changed their mind :roll: ).

So money talks, and I will sell to whoever comes up with the funds first.

Are the Girvin forks still available?

I know you mentioned steerer length but am I right in thinking that these have a maximum permissible HT&HS height measurement? Whats the distance between the clamps?

Cheers,

Mark

Edit >> Just re read ^^ and not sure it makes sense! I hope its just me.

Hi, the Girvins are currently Sold pending payment, but we shall wait and see if the buyer comes up with the funds....

I know what you mean about the maximum/minimum permissable headtube that these forks will fit, I recall seeing a PDF file on the subject, something about the "Q" factor (or something like that).
I think I may have seen it on the Proflex idriders forum.
All I can say though is that I've fitted these and other Medium sets of Girvin forks to several frames without issue, I think only the "Way Big" or Extra Small Proflex frames came with signifficantly longer or shorter steerers on their Girvin forks, certainly in my experience these forks fit anything from 16" to 19" frame depending on the manufacturer and style.

Back