Schwinn Homegrown 1999 full XT and posh wheels

Bobalong

Retro Newbie
I have a bike that I'm not really using so thought one of you guys would be interested.

It's a large 1999 schwinn homegrown in the lovely blue with chequered flag in black and white.

It's in good condition for its age, a few stone chips, some cable rub an a bit of chainsuck, but still pretty. The forks were replaced with salsa rigids. Both frame and fork also have disk mounts.

It's got a full 9 speed XT groupset on it, that's in great condition.

The wheels are matching black DT Hugi ones the same as the current 240 ratchet, I've just given them a full clean over and replaced the star ratchets. Rims are both mavic but I'm sure one was replaced and now don't completely match. One wheel has silver spokes, the other has black. It has schwallbe noby nicks on at the moment but can come with some conti explorers.

Seatpost and stem are both Titec ones. The st is a new old stock hellbent, the seatpost is original. I've got some Easton EC70 flat bars on at the moment and some old hellbent risers.

I've just fitted new gear and brake cables and give it a full strip down grease and lube. New bb and middle ring fitted too.

I don't really don't know what it's worth. How does £250 sound?
null-33.jpg

null-35.jpg

null-29.jpg

null-28.jpg

null-27.jpg

null-26.jpg

null-25.jpg

null-24.jpg

null-23.jpg

null-22.jpg

null-20.jpg

null-19.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-17.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-13.jpg

null-12.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-7.jpg

null-6.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-1.jpg

null.jpg

null-34.jpg

null-33.jpg

null-35.jpg

null-29.jpg

null-28.jpg

null-27.jpg

null-26.jpg

null-25.jpg

null-24.jpg

null-23.jpg

null-22.jpg

null-20.jpg

null-19.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-17.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-13.jpg

null-12.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-7.jpg

null-6.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-1.jpg

i

Hi guys, I'm not looking to split unless I have to.

I'm in Norfolk, just outside norwich. I travel quite a bit, next week I'm near stoke, Luton then Cornwall!

Thanks guys, I'm pleased you think I've priced it ok. It's a great bike, really fast and has good smooth drivetrain.

I always say "you can never have too many pics", but in this case... :shock: :LOL:

That's a cracking bike though, someone is going to be very happy when they buy that :D Good luck with the sale.

Latest posts

Back