GT STS Frame Bundle SOLD

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD

1998 GT STS 1000DS frame for sale.
18"
Disc & Canti Mounts (canti studs not included)

I bought this as I'd always wanted one, but could never afford one back when they came out. I had an inkling that it might be too big for me when I bought it, but I couldn't turn it down.

As it turns out, I was right and the frame is ever so slightly too big for my own personal preference (technically it's the right size for me at 5'9", but I prefer my frames on the smaller side). Pictures 3 & 4 below show the bike how it's set up for me.

It's a GT 18", and measures 20.5" to the top of the seat tube, and about 16.5" to the centre of the top tube. It's in brilliant condition and it's all in perfect working order. As you can see, it doesn't have any decals, but I prefer it that way. Decals are readily available both on eBay and from the decal master himself, Gil_M.

One thing to note - when I built the bike, I noticed that the back wheel was sitting off-centre by a couple of millimetres. I've gone over the frame with a fine tooth comb, and there are no cracks or stress marks anywhere, and no superficial damage to suggest that the frame might be out of line. The rear suspension works flawlessly (in fact it's one of the best riding FS bikes I've owned) and the bushes are all original, and are all squeak free, play free and buttery smooth. The same goes for the Super Deluxe shock. I solved the "problem" of the off centre rear wheel by adding a 1.5mm washer to the non drive side of the axle - I'll include the washer!! ;)

STS Build Thread

It really is a lovely frame as I hope you can see (I'll post some more pictures later but please note that the bike hasn't been stripped down yet).

Included in the sale are the following:

- Hope Seatclamp (red, new).
- SARS headset (red, new).
- Crank Brothers Cobalt Seatpost (new, cut down slightly).
- Super technical wheel spacer-outerer ;)

I also have a spare shock (the same as the one fitted) which I can include with the frame.

Frame bundle plus spare 1998 shock & spare parts = WAS £235 posted NOW £230 posted (UK)
Frame bundle & frame parts ONLY (no spare shocks or shock parts) = WAS £200 posted NOW £195 posted (UK)
1997 Shock ONLY (choice of 800/750/700lb spring, plus spare adjuster knob) = £50 posted SOLD PP
1998 Shock ONLY (choice of 750/700lb spring, plus spare adjuster knob) = WAS £50 posted NOW£45 posted (UK)

The shocks are a very good price - I paid £90 (used) for the one currently fitted to the STS and the only difference is that it has both adjuster knobs on it!

SOLD

Pics:

IMAG0233_zps389a9527.jpg

IMAG0234_zpsfd5f31f1.jpg

IMAG0334_zpsf2df791a.jpg

IMAG0344_zps069c425a.jpg

Re: GT STS Frame Bundle PLUS SPARE SHOCKS

dirtydozen":18qef80g said:
Are you selling the forks bbb

I could be tempted although I'd planned to keep them.

I'd need to try to recoup some of the money I've spent on them though - They've just had a full service by Tim (Fork English) and I've had the complete LC2 assembly replaced so they're like new :)

They're going back to Tim this week to have a stiffer spring fitted to the Travel Adjust too.

Pm me what your wanting chap
I would have snapped that sts but just bought the trek so im skint. Bloody bargain mate as usual from yourself. Bet you gutted about the size

dirtydozen":w9r4a1j3 said:
Pm me what your wanting chap
I would have snapped that sts but just bought the trek so im skint. Bloody bargain mate as usual from yourself. Bet you gutted about the size

Yep, I really wish it was one size smaller! I like my frames to be smaller so that I can throw the seatpost down and throw the bike about a bit - the STS is just that little bit too big for me to do that :(

I'll drop you a pm about the forks now - I'm still not 100% sure whether I want to sell them but we'll see :)

Logic.Al":1jpj055w said:
:-( you can't sell it! I won't let you!

Haha, I wondered when you might appear :LOL:

I wouldn't even consider selling it if it was one size smaller - It just feels that little bit too big :(

I'd love it but I think SWMBO would make me live in the shed :-(

it's an sts....you can't drop the post and throw it about......it'll snap!!
seriously, looks great built up. sell something else!!! ykt!

What would you guys reckon is the rider weight limit for this frame? I'm riding an 18" LTS 1000 DS frame currently, and am loving it. Would the STS be a step up from the LTS?

Also, my LTS has roller bearings top and bottom. I didn't install them myself (frame came with them) so I don't really know, but do y'all think that I could transplant them to the STS?

I'm really having a hard time fighting the urge to get me this frame...

Edit: I'm like a 100kg with gear, and the LTS hasn't complained so far.
And another question: What's the rear disc mounting standard? Anyone know what kind of adapter would be needed for mounting an Avid Juicy 5? On my LTS I'm using the disc mount adapter from BETD, but that's a different situation of course.

Latest posts

Back