2001 Marzocchi Z1 Drop Offs - £25

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Does £25 sound too good to be true. Well, things are not quite as they seem! Read on...

I was randomly sent these with a couple of frames which I bought.

It's a set of 2001 Z1 Drop Offs, like the ones in the picture below (note - these are not the actual forks).

The forks are complete (minus the bolts which hold the stanchions into the lowers), BUT (and it's a big BUT!) the bonding has come unstuck on one of the lower legs, and one of the legs has become detached from the arch assembly. I'll post some pictures later just to clarify it all - I'll just do my best to describe it for now! The person who gave them to me has also removed the lowers from the crown/stanchion assembly too. Oh, and there's no oil in them either :oops:

So, there you have it. I'm not sure if the leg can be professionally bonded back into place so let's just say the forks are for spares or repair. All the innards seem to be present and correct, and the crown/stanchions appear to be in very good condition, with only one small mark on the stanchions.

The steerer is steel, 1,1/8" and is approximately 200mm long. I'll measure it up later.

£25 posted to the UK
PayPal Gift or buyer pays fees please.

They have to be worth this just for the crown and stanchions?! And don't forget that all of the innards (dampers etc) are there too... I cannot vouch for their working condition because I've never used the forks myself.

As I mentioned before, I'll get some photos up later :D

Attachments

• p4pb9148654.jpg
    p4pb9148654.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 952
letmetalktomark":3czwu1gj said:
Hi Mark,

I'm interested in these pending an actual pic :D

Cheers,

Mark

Hiya,

Sorry for not sorting this out sooner - I've been working over on the Grandparents' farm and I've only just got back. I'll go and sort some pictures out now :D

Pictures as promised.

The scratch on the stanchions is only shallow - it looks worse thanks to the camera flash! Also, one of the seals is damaged. I didn't notice this when I had a look at them yesterday :oops:

In pictures 8 & 9, it looks as though part of the black arch assembly has broken off and is stuck on the lower leg. This isn't the case - the black part is seperate from the rest of the arch assembly (you can see the join on the other, complete leg).

I haven't cleaned the forks up at all, so they're shown in all their grubby glory ;)

IMAG0248_zps3b057b7d.jpg

IMAG0243_zps858602fb.jpg

IMAG0239_zps1728b6a1.jpg

IMAG0238_zps058a08d2.jpg

IMAG0240_zpsb3cf8d0b.jpg

IMAG0241_zps1dd483cd.jpg

IMAG0242_zpsfceca2d1.jpg

IMAG0244_zpsd3a1e0f2.jpg

IMAG0245_zpsc6d7532e.jpg

IMAG0249_zpsc9f49367.jpg

IMAG0246_zps05c1f4af.jpg

OK. So I've replied to another forum member who pm'd me a few days ago, and I've heard nothing back (even though he's been on the forum), so these are back up for sale.

Bump :D

I'll bet the silly arse ran them minus the brake bosses / blanking bolts which marzocchi stipulated were required with these....

I had a pair in 02 and they were singularly the best single crown forks I ever owned...

Barneyballbags":i7xv584x said:
nordstadt":i7xv584x said:
Would you send the parts to germany?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, that wouldn't be a problem but postage would be more expensive.

Thanks

Do you know how much to Cologne, Germany?

Cheers Chris

nordstadt":2tiql40s said:
Barneyballbags":2tiql40s said:
nordstadt":2tiql40s said:
Would you send the parts to germany?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, that wouldn't be a problem but postage would be more expensive.

Thanks

Do you know how much to Cologne, Germany?

Cheers Chris

It's actually more expensive than I thought :(

£17.00 was the cheapest quote I could get - I've taken a screenshot just to show I'm telling the truth!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 17.43.20.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 17.43.20.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 711
Back