cannondale f700 retro build fs or trade - now sold

bigdaftmitch

Retro Newbie
only recently heard about the forum so thought I would pop this on to help a good bike find a good home!

bit gutted to be listing this for sale but after riding it to work this week its ever so slightly too small for me....

3822.jpg

3862.jpg

3852.jpg

3842.jpg

3832.jpg

3822.jpg

I am the 2nd owner from new, the previous owner bought it from Dales in Glasgow in 2005 although I reckon its more like a 2002/2003 due to the CAAD3 disc only frame and the volvo cannondale team colours, believed to be a special edition to mark the world championship wins

The bike comes with a fatty d fork in full working order with lockout, I believe its 80mm travel.
Frame in really good condition for age with only a few small paint scuffs and scratches- no dents
frame size is a small, i'm 6 foot and its about an inch too short for me - perfect for a smaller gent, lady or youth.
genuine made in america frame with smooth welds and excellent build quality

lightweight xc frame, full bike weight is the same as my bianchi road bike!
full xt group set including shifters and hubs
recent chain, cables and cassette - chain checked with chain stretch tool and well within spec
160mm shimano centrelock discs
avid bb disc brakes
wtb rims
sdg bel air titanium seat
xlite clikon seat post
easton ea70 flat bar - will include coda riser bar too
cannondale headshok stem - flipflop design
maxxis ignitor tyres

a very capable, nimble and lightweight bike with a good turn of pace - perfect for retro xc build although with more modern wheels and hydraulic brakes would make a good budget xc race bike.

I have hardly used it as I have been changing bits and bobs, I will be sad to see it go

I am open to swaps/trades and can put cash towards the right bike since I need to replace it with something bigger

viewing in edinburgh or west lothian

any questions send me a pm, more pics available on request

priced fairly to sell quickly at £300 - will post at buyers cost

Re: cannondale f700 retro build fs or trade

if you decide to split or want to keep all the parts I would be interested in the frame...

i am quite sure you will have a sale here. need to check with my sister in the morning and work out a postage cost. will pm you. cheers

Thanks for the replies both - postage probably no more than £25 from memory

Also for anyone nervous because I am new to the forum check eBay as I use the same username over there and have 100% feedback since 2003. I have sold many high end bike parts on there

thank god for that, I was getting very close to spending money I don't have watching it sit there unsold...

Latest posts

Back