Titus Switchblade, Medium, 2004

hamishthecat

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
Never posted on here but have been on Singletrack for over ten years. Posted this here as it might be of more interest to the, er connoisseur :)

Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30922438@N05/sets/72157633117618352/detail/

Selling because I have got hold of a Liteville 301. Has been my main bike for the last 5 years and I will be sad to see it go if it sells. Excellent condition and a very high quality frame - hand made in Arizona and the welds are superb. I've never seen another in the flesh and although has a strong following in the US I doubt many made it to the UK as it was £1900 here in 2003 It was Titus's flagship frame until they stopped it because it was too expensive to make.

Medium, fits me at 6' and 33" inside leg. Main spec's:

TALAS shock gives on-the-fly travel adjust of 3.7", 4.5" and 5.7". works well with forks of 100mm to 140mm (apologies for metric/imperial mix :)) Shock shaft is starting to show a little wear but a spare shaft assembly is included which looks fine. New air can seals fitted last summer - unused set in the spare aircan supplied - but the TALAS mechanism has packed up in the spare.
Shock has needle race mounting hardware.
73mm BB - threads are fine and it's factory faced.
Horst link with burly stays that make for a stiff frame. All bearings and the link bushes were replaced last summer - limited use since.
Rivnut crudcatcher bosses fitted to the downtube.
Ball burnished and then anodised blue - very high quality and tough finish.
31.6 seat post.
1 and 1/8th headtube.
Disc only.
No dents or cracks and only a few minor marks. It does have a bit of a bodge piece of Stanley blade glued to the non driveside chainstay as I was running quite fat tyres and disn't want to risk damaging the stay. It doesn't cover up a gouge and I can remove if necessary. It'll take up to 2.35 Highrollers in tyre width.

WTB Greaseguard headset fitted which I can remove if required. Happy to include.

Sold to me as a 2005 but it was originally owned by the Titus importer and I'm pretty sure it is the frame that is in an MBR 'American Beauties' review of boutique US frames in November 2003 and hence is a 2004 model.

It's a great ride and easily builds to a 28lb bike without stupid expense. Excellent as a 'trail' bike, whatever that means. I did Passportes du Soleil on it last summer and it was great with a 140mm fork.

I'm looking for £250 plus delivery. If anyone's interested post here or drop me a line at wellthatched at yahoo.co.uk I'm in Devon west of Exeter if anyone wanted to view/collect.

Needs to go in the post 98 section really, won't find any interest much in the pre 97 section. Ask the mods to move the ad.

Back