M960 XTR rear mech short cage - reduced

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I actually don't think they made a short cage one of these. I think I read somewhere that they made long and extra long or something daft like that. All I know is that they made two cage lengths for this model and this is the shorter one.

I have learned that this is not designed to work on a cassette with cogs with more than 32 teeth too. Other than that it is designed for 9 speed but like most will likely work with others, and although designed to work with rapid rise shifters will work with others if you simply shift the wrong way round.

The price reflects the condition at £40 posted within mainland UK, and if you want more pic's just ask.

Reduced to £35!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 345
Re: M960 XTR rear mech short cage

Just for pedantry, I don't think there's any such thing as rapid rise shifters, it's the mech that's different, shifters are just normal. So you'd use this rapid rise mech with normal shifters and the buttons will do the opposite of what they would with a normal mech fitted.

What I'm saying is it'll swap straight in to your current 9sp (or 8 ) set up and work. Just backwards! :cool:

Re: M960 XTR rear mech short cage

Yep exactly, I have one of these and it works fine with both rapid fire and thumb shifters just takes a little mental adjustment to move the other way to change gear. I find I quite like rapid rise as it definitely seems to help the upshifts when going for the bigger cogs under load uphill. But still get it wrong from time to time as shifter all the way forward now means bottom gear on one bike and the opposite on my other !
and these are IMHO the best looking XTR series and suit modern and retro equally well type ^BUMP^.

Back