2003 Specialized Stumpjumper 19" Hardtail

r0msey

Retro Newbie
Well here goes nothing:

Up for grabs is my 19" Specialized Stumpjumper - it's a 2003 vintage, when disc brakes where introduced to the range. Comp I think - ye olde M4 frame.

I've found the original specs, although a few bits and pieces have been changed through the years, and it is now sporting:
- Full XT gear, XT shifters, XT front/rear mech
- XT cranks
- Middleburn front rings
- Easton EA50 riser bars + Richtey 4-Axis cross country 90mm stem
- Specialized Adrenaline 26x2.0 front tyre and Continental Survival Pro 26x2.3 rear
- Thomson Elite lay back seat post and gold anodised Hope seat clamp
- Shimano M555 Disc Brakes (brand new pads on rear, through could do with a bleed)
- Original Fox Float RL 80 Forks - superb, never let me down

Everything clicks and clunks as it should, there are plenty of chips and scuffs on the frame that I have touched up - no dents/dings - these frames are bomb proof - cosmetics only. The rear shifter does it's job but could do with an update at some time.

I'm asking £375 - sensible offers welcome. For an additional £25 I can post to anywhere in UK.

Call me on 01794 502340 - Simon
Or email jointhestumpy.club@neverbox.com

Any inspection/test ride welcome - I am based in Romsey, Hampshire, near Southampton.

(reason for sale - I'm a victim of fashion and have gone for a 29er....!)

z.JPG

i.JPG

j.JPG

k.JPG

l.JPG

m.JPG

n.JPG

o.JPG

p.JPG

f.JPG

g.JPG

h.JPG

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

d.JPG

e.JPG

stumpy

i built a 17" one of these up about 2 years ago and sold it last year to fund my full sus Carbon Rush Cannondale. But I have to say that M4 Stumpy is one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden and totally regret selling mine??? :cry:

I'd love to buy this one, but no spare cash :x

GLWS

Greig.

Re: stumpy

GMC":10or2blq said:
i built a 17" one of these up about 2 years ago and sold it last year to fund my full sus Carbon Rush Cannondale. But I have to say that M4 Stumpy is one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden and totally regret selling mine??? :cry:

Pains me to sell it, it really does, its a blast, I'm not very good at selling bikes, I tend to "collect" them, there are double figures in the garage! .... but as I say I've moved with the times and gone for a 29er Stumpy, considered converting to SS, but I'm past that phase in my life, I quite like gears on mountain bikes, so it's got to go....

stumpy

i think you'll find a home easy enough for it. Even by today's hardtails that Stumpy is right up there. I think mine only weighed about 24lbs with 100mm SID's on it? Although i sold with 100mm Manitou Minute's and i actually think it handled even better as the Manitou's were slightly stiffer than the old SID's.

Hope you find a buyer soon!

cheers
Greig. :cool:

Awkward Kid":743sqyjp said:
Awesome bikes! Miss mine! 'twas a proper tail eater! Good luck with the sale. They really do handle superb!!!

Well thanks for the free 'reviews' guys, today the sun is shining, I'll take £350 of your hard earned cash, but only because its Tuesday, and I'm off for a night ride later.... (not on this bike!)

Back