Lovely condition 1999 Rockshox BoXXer 151 forks (+spares)

j3aay

Retro Guru
I have a lovely condition set of original 151's. All original decals and paint (red low rise crowns) with spare '09 DM stem drop upper crown and original black lower crown (cut to fit with a DM stem).

I bought them for my DH hardtail, not for a particuarly retro build but the A2C/travel is bang on for what I wanted.

I am now changing them for something single crown.

They have a few marks on the lowers but for their age are in amazing condition. The stanctions have the odd tiny mark but nothing that causes a problem...NO wear to the coating etc. I changed the seals and oil a few rides ago (SKF seals, Silkolene premium 10+15wt oil). Inside and out they are mint. They ride VERY well the compression and rebound adjust works properly (HSC can be adjusted internally). Nothing is 'rounded' or damaged. The springs are stock yellows (medium).

The red crowns have an alloy steerer and its long, approx 205mm, the black crowns are shorter, 175mm and the steerer is steel, I have no ideal why.

So there they are a lovely rare fork in original condition, I haven't seen any this good for some time. With some of the new decals off eBay (£13) they'd look almost new.

For the lot I am after £160 posted. (with the extra crowns etc) the Sunline stem can be negotiated as part of a deal if required.

Lots of pics here: http://s403.beta.photobucket.com/user/y ... y/library/

image-33_zpse0e62a8d.jpg

image-33_zps4d290a02.jpg

They were truely amazing condition and performance for their age. They are however sadly now sold (well swapped to be more precise).

Thanks all for the interest.

Back