Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:47 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:55 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Just sounding out interest at the moment. I have a lovely condition set of original 151's. All original decals and paint (red low rise crowns) with spare '09 DM stem drop upper crown and original black lower crown (cut to fit with a DM stem).

I bought them for my DH hardtail, not for a particuarly retro build but the A2C/travel is bang on for what I wanted.

I am now thinking about changing them for something more modern (lyrik maybe).

They have a few marks on the lowers but for their age are in amazing condition. The stanctions have the odd tiny mark but nothing that causes a problem...NO wear to the coating etc. I changed the seals and oil a few rides ago (SKF seals, Silkolene premium 10+15wt oil). Inside and out they are mint. They ride VERY well the compression and rebound adjust works properly (HSC can be adjusted internally). Nothing is 'rounded' or damaged. The springs are stock yellows (medium).

The red crowns have an alloy steerer and its long, approx 220mm, the black crowns are shorter, more like 180mm and the steerer is steel, I have no ideal why. (exact lengths tbc, this is a guide only).

So there they are a lovely rare fork in original condition, I haven't seen any this good for some time.

For the lot I am after £160 posted. Which is what I feel they are worth (with the extra crowns etc), if this is barmy please let me know.

Cheers all and Happy Christmas!

Jaymclaren85@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited by j3aay on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:00 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Have you got any pics? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:10 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Sorry for the 'on the bike' pictures but it gives an idea. The only real marks are the little one on each decal. I will get outside over the next couple days and photograph them properly.

Red crowns:

Black (newer style upper) crowns:

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:20 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

No the pics are fine, did they ride OK on a hard tail? Whats the travel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:24 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

They are the original '151' model so, 150mm travel. You can step them up to 180mm with a few bits changed. They went to 180mm from 2001, otherwise they are the same fork.

They ride brilliantly on my Hardtail, so well infact I am unsure about selling. I'd add that the white dmr was pushed at 150mm so they were on their for a couple rides only. The ExAlt (black frame) is designed for upto 200mm forks so that's what they have been ridden 'properly on'. I have serviced them and they work as good as a new fork for general riding. In their day these were the best thing you could get. I do want to come right up to date with it really though with a long travel SC fork.

Cheers, Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:48 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Hello gents,

Now all the eating and drinking is over (Christmas) I have got out and taken some decent pictures. I'm sure you can link to them here:

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0096009/photo ... 322011452/

Any problems, please let me know.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

More pictures in this album here: http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/yetiboyjay/