New Shimano M542s HT2 crankset SOLD

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Shimano M542s complete HollowTech 2 crankset including both arms, rings and BB. Bought and never used by me, never even fitted.

175mm and 22/32/44 rings.

£48 posted.

null_zpsfea43653.jpg

null_zps5394d984.jpg

null_zpsabb24d33.jpg

the piece of paper wrapped around the crank arm in the second pic, would suggest it is Hollowtech...?? :?

Wasmachineman NL":2znagmms said:
twain":2znagmms said:
the piece of paper wrapped around the crank arm in the second pic, would suggest it is Hollowtech...?? :?
They don't have hollowtech arms, just the hollowtech bottom bracket. I have not been able to find out if they are LX level. There is Deore, and then there is Deore LX which is lighter. The M542 crankset has no identifying words to indicate if it is even deore, it just has the model number. They put these on $1500 bikes.

I'd be interested in finding out myself, if these OEM cranksets are really LX.
Source: http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-shift ... 65283.html
what does the link prove?

the image in the op shows clearly they are HT2 cranks

From Shimano Website:
HOLLOWTECH II
HOLLOWTECH II Crankset: Integrated bottom bracket and crankset design reduces the number of parts, significantly cuts down weight and increases rigidity. Hollowtech II designs allow the bottom bracket bearings to be spaced more widely. This dramatically changes the loads on the bearings to increase rigidity and bearing service life.

So it IS a HT2 crankset, as I thought.

OP edited back to original state!

Hollowtech cranks use a splined cartridge bottom bracket, hollowtech 2 use external bottom brackets.

It's A good little chainset for the money, if you put a alloy middle ring on it is only about 50g heavier than A xt chainset

Back