2005 Trek fuel-ex 7 for sale or breaking

Andy Dobson

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
My best friend is emigrating :( and he has asked me to sell his bike for him.
17.5" Fuel EX 7 in black.
Bike is in great condidtion other than a broken shifter lever and a missing spoke in the front wheel. The rear brake caliper siezed last year due to lack of use so a brand new Shimano Deore brake replaced the original Hayes 9.

Can post pics if anyone is interested. He's looking at £300 posted for the full bike or I'll break it for him.

Email me (andy.dobson63@gmail.com) for pics or if you're interested.

Ta.

Posted this in the wrong place last night.

I'm sorry for the delay in getting pics to you all.

A busted coller bone and three broken fingers from falling off a scaffold have made it a little difficult to clean the bike up and put the wheels on it.

I'll get it done when my lodger gets home Boxing Day and post pictures here.

Sorry once again and can someone get me some more pain killers please.
I've run out .

I don't F*****G believe this.

The Lodger decides to come home via GERMANY to visit a friend! Arrived home drunk at 4 o'clock this morning with an ugly GINGER bird in tow :shock: .

I drag his sorry ass out of bed this morning and make him put the bike together so I can take photo's, only to find my daughter has been playing with my DSLR again and the battery is dead, the spare is nowhere to be seen so I charge the battery (6 hours) and start taking photo's.

This is when I spot that the lower rear triangle pivot (the main bearing just above the front mech) has a tiny amount of play in it. What worries me is that it's only on the drive side and not both.

As a result of this, I'm taking the bike off the market as I will NOT sell a bike that may be dangorous to ride. I'll get it checked and consult with the owner. If it turns out to be nothing but adjustment then I'll re-advertise the bike with pics. If it's knackered, I'll split it and sell the parts.

I'm truly sorry to all those who have waited for pics for so long only to be let down like this and thank you all for being so patient.

Andy.

It looks like it a conical bearing as it bolts in from the non-drive side. I can't check this as all my tools are in my van which is still in the firms yard after my fall. I get it back tomorrow as one of my collegues is driving over to the house for me. He's also a mountain biker so I'll have a look at it with him and sus it out.

In the meantime, the pics are uploading to my Flickr account and I'll post the link as soon as thats done.

Andy Dobson":1rcy7kt0 said:
It looks like it a conical bearing as it bolts in from the non-drive side. I can't check this as all my tools are in my van which is still in the firms yard after my fall. I get it back tomorrow as one of my collegues is driving over to the house for me. He's also a mountain biker so I'll have a look at it with him and sus it out.

In the meantime, the pics are uploading to my Flickr account and I'll post the link as soon as thats done.
And?

Back