Sold thanks. Cheers

j3aay

Retro Guru
Hello gents,

I have sourced some Boxxer 151's so my 2001 Marzocchi Z1 Drop Off's have to go. Its the pretty rare QR20+ model with adjustable preload and rebound (original adjusters in place.)

It has 130mm travel but can be converted to 100mm internally. They have a long steerer, at 210mm and have V-Brake and IS disk mount (with an IS to post 8'' adapter if you want it).

I have just bought for them some NOS feet/axle clamps, 20mm axle and Genuine seal kit from Sweden. They were rebuilt with Silkolene 7.5wt oil. The lowers are in very good condition in the original bright red with all the original stickers in place and in good order, just a few marks from being used here and there and on the feet. The stanctions have a couple nicks from storage but nothing that affects the seals or anything. Pics on request. When i got them from a friend they had been sat in the shed for a number of years, because of this the seals were weapy...so i serviced them with the genuine marzocchi kit and they work awesome. Proper Marzocchi plushness! All the adjustments work great. The crown needs a polish as there is some marking from dampness in the shed. This will polish off, there is no pitting at all just some dullness.

I have just spent a lot on these forks to get them working as new (seals+feet+axle) They are also in great cosmetic condition (being 11yrs old!) and perform brilliantly.

I'm looking for £70.00 posted for them which is less than what they owe me!.

Many thanks, Jay

LOTS OF PICCIES HERE:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1200239/[/url]

Been considering these for my own trailstar.
How long are they axle to crown? and how difficult to set at 100mm?

They are all working silky? and no cracks, fractures or anything?
Thanks, I'll have a think I'm a tad brassic at the mo!

Working awesome mate, silky squelchy smooth Marzocchi goodness. I personally would leave them at 130mm on the trailstar, they really do make it a brilliant all rounder.

To change to 100mm I believe is a case of switching spacers around inside. I have never done it but others have. These run so nice it's a shame to reduce the travel!

The A2C is approximately 505mm.

Definately no issues at all. If there were I wouldn't have invested so much in them or sell them on (they'd be with all my other broken bits in the back of the shed!)

Let me know pal, I just need to pay for the 151's which for some reason I'm set on.

Cheers, Jay

Thanks, that's helpful. :)

I'm debating putting my White Bros DT 1.2 on when I get them back from my mate. hmm

:idea: :? :cool:

Just to let anyone know who might be interested - you have to buy some new springs to change to 100mm travel. I had 2001 Z1 MCR's which are basically the same. The 100mm spring set comes with longer top-out springs and shorter main springs.

Back