FS: Sunn Morati Ti frame £225 inc postage [sold]

greencat

Senior Retro Guru
I have a Sunn Morati Titanium frame for sale. £225 incl UK postage (sorry won't post overseas). PPG or bank transfer.

I have genuinely loved to ride it, but it's always been a tad too small. So finally it's time to move it on - and let someone have the sheer smile inducing joy of riding it (and hopefully with some classier parts than I've put on it).

Unfortunately, my Sunn is not quite perfect. There a few dints in the down tube and I have had to have some welding done on one of the brake bosses. The nut part of one of the brake studs is also rather rounded. None of these affect the ride.

There are no decals on it - the distinctive Sunn markings on the downtube are polished in.

Here are some pics:
http://s566.photobucket.com/albums/ss10 ... 0Titanium/

Pic 11 - shows the dints in the downtube.
Pic 10 - shows the weld repair on the brake boss

The measuring tape says it's just about 18 inch from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube.

The frame number is virtually impossible to read but the first four characters are SM99.

dubbeldoh..! why couldn't it been a size larger
have the same sunn model, but with flex, 20", that I want to swap for a rigid.. :oops:

Darn....Believe me I have often thought why couldn't it be just a little larger. Tried everything, layback seat post, longer stem - and it just feels tad cramped legswise. Rode it for nigh on 3 years though.

know the feeling.. how long are u? I like mine, and it's so beautiful, but can't seem to find any use for it.. posting a pic hoping u know a wizard ;)

cool old sunn exact (Morati HC 1.1) I love my 000 exact 19" :cool:
like u I'm blessed or cursed with long limbs my 19" in a bit on the tight side (I'm 6"2") but with a 120 morati stem it is ok.

A local frame builder said he could add ti disk brake brackets to the frame and morati fork but i am resisting him. with 1" road tires it sits under 8kg (20 spd m985 drive train).

Re:

Following a recent query, back to for trade only. I did finally get it to fit quite well through the bizarre addition of some BMX bars & stem. It is actually huge fun to ride now, and always makes me beam when I do. But always open to a trade for a larger frame.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 1,576
Re:

Hello,
I have a 20'' 1.4 Morati frame. I'd like to sell it one of these days, if you're interested please pm me. Thanks,
Cheers

Re: Re:

overpoweredmike":3nj75r1o said:
Hello,
I have a 20'' 1.4 Morati frame. I'd like to sell it one of these days, if you're interested please pm me. Thanks,
Cheers

how much for the HC1.4 to send to New Zealand?

Back