SOLD.Trek 8500 XT VGC 19.5"

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
SOLD.

Posting this on behalf of a friend (Graham is Treasurer and Runs Sec Notts CTC and a much busier chap than I, working with Ridewise and an accredited Bikeability Instructor!).

Trek 8500 very well equipped with SIDs, XT, Sram 9 and Bontrager X Lite finishing kit.

Frame (19.5") is the very well respected ZR 9000 model, from 2003-4, the last year hand built in the USofA. It was unused until late 2008 when bought genuine NOS from Freewheel by its one owner. This frame, pre- and post- transfer of production to Taiwan has consistently received rave reviews!

Forks are very light 2005 SIDs, professionally stripped and serviced when frame acquired.

Wheels and disc brakes XT. Shifters and mechs Sram X9. C'set Bonty Race Lite GXP. Seat post, saddle, stem and bars Bonty Race Lite stuff.

All in VGC. Ridden only occasionally and well cared for by a keen cyclist.
Selling because to buy a cyclo crosser for the little off-road stuff that he does!

Price? £650 seems fair for such a well equipped bike in this condition. Rather not post, but I will deliver it for him up to c.35 miles from Nottingham for free (being a "proper" cyclist, G doesn't have a car!). Viewing/collection fine - happy to arrange. If essential, will consider posting at a cost of c. £25.

Photos in next few minutes.

Thanks, dave j

Snaps

Trek85001.jpg

Trek9500.jpg

Trek85002.jpg

Comments

Looks nice spec, but paintwork lets it down. Makes it look much lower spec than it really is. Sorry to sound negative.

Indeed - if I were buying a frame at the sort of price these cost I'd expect a pretty paint job, not trendy (?) stealth dismal grey!

And a "any offers before ebay beckons?" type BUMP.

Yes, I THINK so. Can easily check if you wish - and/or put the two in direct contact? PM me?

Thanks.

Dave, thanks for your help with arranging for my mate John to view this bike. He's bought it and is really happy. What a bargain, i'm green with envy. It's superbly specced and the colour is really good in the flesh. Thanks from John as well. :D

Back