KONA KULA PRIMO FOR SALE

Carlos Da Silva

Devout Dirtbag
Hi there! ...I'm new to Retro Bike, however, I've got a couple of mid 90s bikes...a Trek 990 set up with rigid Pace carbon forks for road use and a one off Colian (Colin Lewis) road bike.

Anyway...I've decided to sell my much loved Kona Kula Primo hard tail to make some room in the garage. It has been fantastic…it is very light and strong…it still gets comments from people when I'm out on it! It has been very well looked after…I have mainly used it in the dry on road/country lanes so it never really gets muddy. It does have the odd scuff and scratch as to be expected from use – mainly cable rubs and chain marks on the frame by the crank. As you can see, it looks superb. It gets cleaned after every use and I have just serviced and polished it.

Last year I fully stripped the bike down and done a full service, including:

* Pace RC36 Evo shocks rebuilt with new seals
* Shimano XT bottom bracket re-greased
* Cane Creek headset re-greased
* New Mavic wheel bearings
* New Shimano XT skewers (originals to match rest of XT group set)
* New Magura brake pads all round (soft compound)
* New Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres (blue front, red rear to match frame!)

I probably spent in the region of £500. No expense has been spared…much loved and it will be missed!

Full specification:

* 18" scandium alloy frame
* Pace RC36 Evo shocks (fully serviced)
* Shimano XT 9 speed
* Shimano XT Hollowtech cranks
* Middleburn chainset (44T, 32T, 22T)
* Magura HS33 Raceline Brakes (rare and very desireable non-disc option)
* Mavic Crossride front rim and hub (new bearings)
* Mavic Crossmax rear rim and hub (new bearings)
* Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres (new last year)
* Cane Creek headset
* X Lite low rise handlebar
* Titec alloy stem and seatpost
* Selle Italia seat (well used but very light)
* Kona hand grips

I have loads more photos if required. I'm looking for £550, however, I'm open to offers.

Attachments

• IMG_6634a.jpg
    IMG_6634a.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 3,156
  • IMG_6635a.jpg
    IMG_6635a.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 3,155
  • IMG_6637a.jpg
    IMG_6637a.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 3,156
  • IMG_6640a.jpg
    IMG_6640a.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 3,157
  • IMG_6632a.jpg
    IMG_6632a.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 3,157
Hiya,

Lovely bike, and I like what you've done with the tyres :cool:

However, you'll probably only achieve close to your asking price if you split it and sell all the bits separately. I say this as not so long ago I bought a 100% original spec, mint condition '95 Kula (arguably more desirable because of age and originality), and I paid £300 for it.

It's not a criticism - more an observation. I'd offer you £300 for yours right now but I already know what the answer would be! Good luck with the sale and welcome to the forums :)

Mark

Hi Mark

Thank you for your welcome/comments. Yes...the tyres are well pimp!!!

Agree regarding splitting...it would however be a shame to do so, however, I know the Magura's are well sought after. It has had so much TLC...it would be wrong to sell it in parts. I've spent over £300 in the last 12 months so I would respectfully be looking for more.

It's been an amazing hard tail.

Consider Splitting

Hi again

Despite being reluctant to do so (on cruelty grounds!), I will consider splitting my lovely Kona Kula Primo (see photos above) if there is enough interest. If not, I will be putting on eBay next week.

It's complete, so everything is currently available. Please message me your offer for items you are interested in. First come, first served.

Cheers

Carlos

Back