WTD: Good condition black headset.1 1/8" threadless.

Russell

Old School Grand Master
As title, anyone got anything kicking about?

Prefer King or Hope but might consider other decent headsets... are there any other decent headsets?

I have a black Chris King classic logo...cups are in excellent condition with just a couple of tiny scratches. No cable rub. Bottom bearings perfect, top a little notchy but pack with grease and it will last forever.
Everything there...cups, scuff washer, cups and top cap.
£55 UK Posted Gift PP

i fully agree and a massive fan of king gear so got the hubs and bottom bracket but their top bearing has always been a problem as they rub on the steerer with suspension forks. they are going to change the design to canecreeks now who patented it but king would not pay the license till now supposedly.

adlyhobart":60rpyz8s said:
i fully agree and a massive fan of king gear so got the hubs and bottom bracket but their top bearing has always been a problem as they rub on the steerer with suspension forks. they are going to change the design to canecreeks now who patented it but king would not pay the license till now supposedly.

Wow really? Wouldnt it be a snug fit?

i have pretty much always used kings but always got wear marks from top cap on my steerer. i think as they do now the o ring approach and scuff washer was just not bullet enough leading to a lot of criticism from peeps using longer travel forks. i read an article a month or so back saying king has agreed to pay the canecreek licence and incorporate the design in future. when we will start seeing them is another question.

Back