wtd. Chainset Now Sorted

biggins

Retro Guru
Getting to the end of putting a bike together for my lad, just need a chainset. He only has short legs so would ideally want 165mm, but I guess I'll have to settle on 170mm. For the front mech I have I want 22,32,44t rings (it needs 12 tooth difference between middle and outer). I don't really want to sepnd too much.

Cheers Chris

It's 22,32,42 combo, but cant see why you wouldn't get away with that. Usually those capacity recommendations are there to stop you from going to anything higher, lower should be ok. But check on here for advice first.

I already have a 22,32,42t. The problem is the inner plate of the front mech hits the middle ring when set at the correct height for the 42t outer ring. To clear the middle ring I have to set front mech too high, hence need for 44t. This is in the specification leaflet for the mech.

I've had a look at a 44t ring for my existing chainset, but for the cost I may as well get complete chainset, also my one is 175mm and I really want to get shorter arms.

Thanks anyway Chris

I have an STX chainset in my for sale thread (see my signature) if thats any good? I can count up the ring sizes tomorrow when I get to it if needs be, but should be countable from the photo.

Let me know ;)

Dan

Back