Kona Unit 29er - MODERN

d_douglas

Retro Guru
SOLD!!

I am selling a 2006 lime green 20" geared Kona Unit 29er. I bought the frame used last year in SS form and found the geared derailleur hanger to switch to geared format. It is a great bike, but I simply need to sell and reduce the herd.

I bought an SLX 9spd dual ring group set to hang on it. It all has about 500km on it and functions perfectly.

Other bits are:

Kona P2 rigid fork (near new - bought from a friend who upgraded to suspension)
Raceface Thermoseal headset (good)

Salsa 710mm 11deg flat bar (mint),
Ritchey WCS 120mm 4 axis stem (mint)
27.2mm WCS post (mint)

vintage Avocet 02 (NOT my prized WTB!) - some little scuffs but no tears. (good)

Wheels are Bontrager RaceLites with a well used set of tires PLUS a new with tags set of Schwalbe Rapid Rob 2.25 all rounder tires. Wheels are in good condition in general.

Not much to say - I used it for a trip to the Scottish Highlands last summer and have ridden it a few times otherwise - it is overkill for my purposes. It is ready to tear up the trails!

I will include the SS dropout if you want to go SS again. I am 1.85m (6'1") tall and this fit perfectly. Kona does bikes right.

600GBP + shipping from Geneva Switzerland at buyers cost.

I can take more photos as necessary...

Thanks

`Thanks a lot - I actually had no idea a 'less-retro' retro section existed until you pointed it out. Maybe all of my advertisements should be relocated?

Cheers,

Darren

anyone?

This is a really cool bike! I am tempted to keep it as it won't generate much money through the sale, but you'd be helping a fellow out by taking it off my hands!

Cheers,

Darren

offers?

Folks,

I'd like this bad boy to move - if you are interested, shoot me a reasonable offer. If reasonable, I will consider it; if it is not, I will tell you...

Hope you don't mind if I ask a question. What's the effective top tube length centre to centre please?

Thank you.

Ooops, missed this! I will check the eff TT tomorrow. I think it is a shade under 25" but not certain

I don't plan to split the bike up yet.

Thanks for your interest!

Back