Hope Mono Mini brakes-Sold-

mikefoster

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got these hanging round now surplus to requirements.

Hope Mono Mini brakes
Front and rear.
Good condition
Need a bit of a clean and might benefit from a bleed.
Front 185 Rear 160 rotors. (front a little out)
Goodridge hoses.
£70 UK posted.

Any questions please ask.
Will get some pics up later.

Cheers Mike

Attachments

• Picture 092.jpg
    Picture 092.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 891
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 891
  • Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 891
Pics now added.
A few things I forgot.
They are i.s. calipers and there is slight scuffing to reservoir cap fronts (see pics).

The design of this model rotor had a narrow braking surface and a lot of cut out in the middle so "a little out" is approx 2mm and catches a little on pads.
They work fine though as have had them on my 29er for a while with no problems.

Cheers Mike.

Attachments

• Picture 095.jpg
    Picture 095.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 890
  • Picture 096.jpg
    Picture 096.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 890
Thanks. The scuffing doesn't bother me much, but you're saying the front rotor is warped by 2mm? But it still works smoothly and it isn't noisy?

If need be, this looks a similar/identical replacement, would that be right? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=3486

If you want to sell to somebody less fussy, that's your prerogative obviously, but disc users that I ride with are always suffering with squealing etc, so I just wanted to be reassured that it wouldn't be the case here!

plus you can really easily get rid of a slight bend in the rotor either by using a parktool "fork of truth", or an adjustable spanner......

I've got a Park Tool dial indicator on my wheel jig that measure the alignment of disks in 10ths of mm, if can true rotors for postage if anyone wants.
In practical terms I've trued disks, run them and they've warped again due to the heat. It's got me thinking maybe they could trued, heated in an oven or something and then over trued to compensate.
Sorry for wandering off topic, back to the nice looking and rather cheap brakes....

Back