Unwanted: Snapped 2001 GT Zaskar Race frame, offers?

Danone

Devout Dirtbag
What shall i do with this frame?

The only idea i had is to dispose of it but it's too nice of frame to just throw away, despite it being of no use.

The chainstays were bent from the day i purchased it before installing any parts and riding it, i've wasted a lot of time trying to ride a bike that was damaged from day one but i was in denial that something like this could happen to such a reputable frame. (It's not the first time a GT frame has snapped on me however, and i don't weigh much either). :(

I thought i'd try my luck on this forum in hope that somebody out there could weld the chainstay. I no longer want the frame.

Attachments

• 2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 1.JPG
    2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 1.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 2.JPG
    2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 2.JPG
    483.1 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 3.JPG
    2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 3.JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 4.JPG
    2001 GT Zaskar Race frame 4.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 1,384
Can you fix it? You're welcome to collect it any time if you're interested and i'm happy to sell or part/exchange.

What would you pay? Not asking for much to be honest as i paid around £100 for it, what about half price? :? :oops:

Position isn't good..

I'd say it WILL need a new chainstay. If it snapped while you're riding you might need a Seatstay too..

For tubing the spec you'd want.. Same as existing, You're looking at about £100 fitted(if your lucky) but not sprayed if you bring the frame in with the tube cut off and filed smooth.

How did you manage to break it?

Looks like the only possibility is ALOT of chainring hitting the frame..

Back