18" Cannondale F600 **SOLD**

Malvern Rider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
18" ('Large' according to 'Dale), original mango yellow paintjob - CAAD3 frame (back when they was handmade in the yewessay). A sharp handling and superlite lady of a certain age seeking new life.

WARNING - YELLOW:

Paintjob is (hand-brush) touched up in loads of places (see closeup pics so not to be disappointed) , never got round to doing a proper job with wet and dry but will supply the two jars of paint I bought that make the right colour mix for someone who has the time/patience!

Importantly - no dents or cracks, just some scratches and paint bubbles. I flaked off the worst bubble under the left chainstay to see if the frame was sound (see pic) and it's fine. Cannondale had problems with bubbling paint.

Too many bikes means that the older one/less sit-up-and-beggy ones are being culled. I love it, it feels light and indestructible and flies over pretty much everything even if the old Headshok can feel a bit pogo-ish/rough. It works, locks out solid and holds air.

Frame

Frame Construction TIG-welded
Frame Tubing Material 6061 T6 aluminum
Fork Brand & Model Headshok Fatty DL, 2.75" travel
Fork Material Aluminum, unicrown crown

Kit

Brakeset CODA Expert linear-pull brakes, Tektro 379A levers
Shift Levers Shimano Deore Mega 9
Front Derailleur LX
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore XT
Crankset Deore Hollowtech
Pedals Planet X platform
Seatpost Kalloy SP-263
Saddle CODA Performance
Handlebar On One Mary
Stem CODA HeadShok Front Loader
Headset Cannondale oversize CODA HeadShok

Wheels

Front - CODA Performance rim/CODA Expert hub/double-butted DT spokes
Rear - Weinmann Zac 19 rim/ Shimano disc
Tires Kenda ***diamond?

The right shifter shifts like treacle, needs servicing, gears need indexing, brakes are superb (best Vs I ever used) but might need fettling as I've just put these original wheels back on.

Nice condition Hollowtech cranks, hardly used.

Would suit a restoration project or supercool pub bike. I just rode it singletrack and back lane training with Big Apple 2.35s on - and had a load of fun! I think she actually looks awesome as is with battle scars, always draws admiring comments :) Going to regret this...

£145 notes collected Great Malvern or can meet in Worcs/Glos M5 corridor. £165 posted

Also need an awesome wheelset or some good forks (Rebas etc) so open to swaps!!

Back