1998 Specialized FSR - Blue - for sale

provster

Retro Newbie
Hey guys,

I have for sale my 1998 Specialized FSR for £200, as is. This has been a really great bike for me over the years. It's in reasonable condition considering it's age, and it comes with a pair of Marzocchi Bomber Z1 forks (also from 199:cool:. It's had a lot of new components over the years, and some of them include the Handlebars, stem, front wheel, front forks (It originally came with some Manitou forks which were not very good), hope front hub and Hope Disc brakes on the front. It still has a Shimano LX rear mech that works well, but you can't really see it in the pictures (sorry). It also has SRAM grip shifts.

Unfortunately, somebody stole some items off the bike the other day. They took the back wheel and the front disc brakes leaver, calliper and cable. Everything else is still there.

I'm sure since you guys are enthusiasts that this won't be a problem for you, since you can get new parts for the bike and fix it all up.

The front chainset is badly worn, and would probably need replacing. The outer and innermost rings work ok, but the middle one is bad.

The bike is being sold as is, so please make me an offer. I live in North london and I'd be prepared to take the bike to you if you live within 50 miles, otherwise it depends on whether I fancy a day trip to where you live ;) I quite often make long trips all around the country so you might be in luck.

I thought I would try this forum before I go down the e-bay route. Anyway, here are some pics. Please let me know if you are interested!

Also I'll answer any questions.

-James

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6125.jpg

^^^^Beat me to it!^^^^

C'mon man................PRICE!!!! ;)

What's the price, may have a buyer for you, but you gotta post a price with your ad - tis the rules!!! :cool:

Hey,

I could go down there - I was planning to goto Bath at some point in the next week or two because my friend from Sweden is coming to visit, so that could work!

I see from your profile picture that you have another 1998 FSR? :D

I think the bike is a Large, but I don't know how to tell. Is it written on the frame somewhere? I bought the bike when I was 14, but I was 6ft tall back then so the store must have suggested a Large I would guess

Back