18" hardtail please - Sorted pics inside!

Kevhl

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Posted this in the pre-2008 section as well. My two brothers are doing a 300k ride though Spain early August, one of them has just picked up a 1997 Cindercone that arrived with me yesterday. It's in lovely condition but we're putting some newer forks on and sprucing it up a little.
We're after another bike in good condition, have been looking at Stumpys, cindercones (and better). Needs to be around an 18" frame. Budget wise the Cindercone was £150 and is in great condition, we can spend up to around £250/300 depending on spec though. What's out there guys and girls?

I have an 18" Kona Koa (1997) in top condition, just a few small paint bubbles. All original (except for seat), ie with with Race Lite bars, post and Curve brakes, Scratch and Sniff tyres - like new.

Looking for £230.00 collected from Worcestershire. Which is what I paid a few weeks ago before deciding retrobikes bikes not for me.

Also have an 18" Cannondale F600 (year 2K or thereabouts) with CAAD2 frame. Scruffy mango paint, no dings or cracks tho, quite a light build with LX/XT mix. The Fatty Headshok works, as does the lockout, but will need a service as feels a bit gritty and unmannered. £200.00 collected from Worcs.

Let me know if either sound useful and will put up some pics.

Thanks mate, I didn't get a chance to update this yesterday but we lucked out and got a 1998 Stumpy for £100... it's mint! Also picked up a 1997 Cindercone last week as well.

All sorted now, just wish I could go and do the ride over in Spain with my brothers! :(

Re: 18" hardtail please

Check out the 2002 Kona Fire Mountain i have for sale in the MTB for sale forum, it has an 18" frame and all parts are upgraded.

Attachments

• KonaIMG_0395.JPG
    KonaIMG_0395.JPG
    325.4 KB · Views: 764
Cheers mate, I'm really not into new Konas it's got some nice stuff on it though. As above though we're sorted now, have the two bikes below and a host of parts to upgrade them!

stumpydrew.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Thats my brothers old Azonic DS1, note he switched the stems on them and needs to get an 80-90mm for the Stumpy.

Kona and Specialized

I like almost every Stumpjumper i've seen on RetroBike. Great choice of hardtails both very light frames; the Cinder Cone has very narrow tubing and a nice clour scheme too.

My Kona is still fairly new in comparison to some of the builds i've seen on this site so far! The colour schemes and graphics on the older Kona bicycles particularly in the late 90s were what made Kona stand out from the rest, they looked way cooler than today's designs. :?

That's nice too...! :LOL:

If i don't sell mine i might remove the parts and invest in a new build on a Caldera, Explosif, Lava Dome, Pahoehoe or... a Cinder Cone frame now that you mention it!

Back