WTD: Nice cheap parts. For 1x9/SS Bike.

mikeekim89

Old School Grand Master
Hi..

I need some parts for a build I'm planning.

I've got the frame, Seatpost, Saddle, Fork and maybe wheels.

I need a set of Disc brakes with rotors. (Cheap and Hydro preferred..)

Wheels maybe. Have too be tough. Disc ready.

A rear mech for 9 speed and shifter. Or a SS kit.

I'd like a 32-36 tooth 4 arm chainring too.

Oh.. a 1 1/8th Headset please.

Ideally I'd like swaps. If possible too..

Thanks.

Mike

I have an SLX shadow rear mech and a Deore 9sp rear shifter. Shifter is a little battered, and the indicator unit doesn't work. Still shifts fine though. SLX rear mech isn't too bad, although jockey wheels starting to show wear (might have some replacements I can chuck in). Not after much at all for them. Not sure what you are offering for swops but could do with a 27.2 seatpost or a mechanical disc caliper?

Sounds good to me.

I have a Tektro mechanical disc caliper with pads and a spare caliper. If any good?

Wheels - I have a set of Mavic Crossland, used but hardly at all. Could come with tyres (Conti Vapor 2.1) and a 9spd cassette (I think, if I can find it). Disc or rim. Was looking for about £100, don't know if that's of interest.

djoptix":3r13fapu said:
Wheels - I have a set of Mavic Crossland, used but hardly at all. Could come with tyres (Conti Vapor 2.1) and a 9spd cassette (I think, if I can find it). Disc or rim. Was looking for about £100, don't know if that's of interest.

Could be mate. I'll check some reviews and pm you if they read like they'll be upto the job?

It's looking like I'll need cranks too. With the spec of things I'm being offered so far.

That's cool. I'll try and get you a picture tonight and I'll post it up here (requires me getting off my lazy bum and signing up for a new Flickr account).

Cranks wise, I have some Truvativ Isoflows (square taper) or some Truvativ Howitzers (Isis) if these would be of interest. Both VGC, in fact I think the Howitzers are unused.

djoptix":14pa1lqp said:
That's cool. I'll try and get you a picture tonight and I'll post it up here (requires me getting off my lazy bum and signing up for a new Flickr account).

Cranks wise, I have some Truvativ Isoflows (square taper) or some Truvativ Howitzers (Isis) if these would be of interest. Both VGC, in fact I think the Howitzers are unused.

Pics of both please?

If it saves you making a flickr account. You could email me the pictures?

If thats easier. Pm me and I'll send you my email address. ;)

Mech caliper sounds good. If you have a pair of brake levers too then I'd do a swop, if not maybe a few £ my way?

V/disc.

Should have plenty. I'll take a look. Can't get there till Sunday I'm afraid though.. Is that ok?

djoptix":3fdarauf said:

Checked reviews. I'm not sure they'll do what I need without frequent rear hub servicing.

I'll have too think more on these ok?

Back